Verizon Activation Question (Phone Trade)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I am planning to trade my Razr Maxx for the Galaxy S3. I am wondering how I activate the S3 on my Verizon acct, while also deactivating my Maxx. I am trading the phone with a guy and we will both need the phones active on our accts as soon as possible. Can I deactivate it and just not have an active phone on my line for a short time? I assume no, but I am not sure how to go about this. Any help would be great!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
There is a section on verizon's website that walks you through switching from one phone to another, and activating the new device. Piece of cake.

My Verizon -> Activate or Switch Device

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a section on verizon's website that walks you through switching from one phone to another, and activating the new device. Piece of cake.

My Verizon -> Activate or Switch Device

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Could I just take the SIM from my Maxx and stick it in the GS3? Also, is this service possible to do on the actual phone or do I just do it when I get home? I don't want this guy to have my phone activated on my acct.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The SIM can be switched, but, odds are you'll run into some weird issues with it. They pulled the SIM from my GNex and threw it in my S3 and it gave me fits. However, they dude at BB also gave me a new SIM for the S3, so I put it in, called VZW, and all is well.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I would...they're free at BB....Verizon stores might want $10.00....plus the $35.00 activation charge fee...Definitely do it at a place that can verify a clean ESA, and that he doesn't owe any late charges :)

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Okay so I am planning to trade my Razr Maxx for the Galaxy S3. I am wondering how I activate the S3 on my Verizon acct, while also deactivating my Maxx. I am trading the phone with a guy and we will both need the phones active on our accts as soon as possible. Can I deactivate it and just not have an active phone on my line for a short time? I assume no, but I am not sure how to go about this. Any help would be great!
I just switched my Razr for the S3. I went on the verizon website, navigated to where you can switch phones, eventually you get tp a place where they tell you to take the sim out of the old phone and put it in the on new one. Everything works fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sim cards are free, moving between phones that you have already is free as well. All you need to do is to swap sim cards. Do a factory data reset after removing the sim card. It will require you to activate the phone (which is done automatically when you power up the phone with sim after a factory reset). Meeting at Verizon corporate store is a good idea to check to verify clean esn. Don't forget to remove sd card, if you have one.
Be sure to verify that the phone works well, because there is no warranty for second hand users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles