1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    1%er

Default Short cut links to deep settings

Is it possible to create a shortcut to a specific section inside the system settings? For example, I would like quick shortcuts on my home screen to the "Sound" and "Data Usage" sections in the settings.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Default Re: Short cut links to deep settings

I can't figure it out...I tried though!

Well, it's easy to do if you switch to a different launcher - Nova Launcher: does exactly what you're looking for and there's a free version that you can try out.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by paradroid View Post
    Is it possible to create a shortcut to a specific section inside the system settings? For example, I would like quick shortcuts on my home screen to the "Sound" and "Data Usage" sections in the settings.
    Yes, you will have to download a launcher like Nova, Apex, or any of a handful that will allow you create shortcuts.
    Example: shortcuts>activities>IOTHiddenMenu
    ***Be careful what you do here!
    Or you can try numerous others.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    1%er

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Well, it's easy to do if you switch to a different launcher - Nova Launcher: does exactly what you're looking for and there's a free version that you can try out.
    I just downloaded to my phone and will give it a try tomorrow and will report back. In reading the description it seems a bit of overkill to create a few settings short cut. Hopefully I can turn off most of the features and create the 2 or 3 simple shortcuts to inside the settings i want.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    1%er

I tried Nova launcher, yes it will allow me to do shortcuts with long press but replacing the touch wiz interface/launcher to create a simple shortcut to settings is a bit of overkill. I guess shortcuts it can't be done at this time. When they get CyanogenMod working properly I'll switch to that and I think the launcher it uses allows shortcuts so I will wait to do a phone make over till then.

I found some widgets that do some of what I want. One thing I can't find is a widget to turn mono sound on and off: Settings > Accessibility > Mono Audio (probably not much demand for this but I could really use it).
    Last edited by paradroid; 09-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.