Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: BEEP! Annouing beep whole night while wireless charging.

Rockbeast,

When I tried the S3 back that Verizon was selling, with their wireless charging system that back was physically bigger and would not fit in my OBD. Looks like you Palm Touchstone back is not the same.

When I installed the Qi patch that came with the kit I bought I just laid it on the back of the battery and snapped the S3 cover on. Did not even use the adhesive strip that is on the Qi patch. I do not even see a bulge in the back of the S3 case. For the most part, my S3 (in the OBD case) sits flat. If I push on the top or bottom it will rock just a little since those parts of the OBD case are curved.

Since my original post I have had to fine tune exactly where on the charging pad I place my S3. Seems it can get somewhat finicky about charging (with the silicon case on) if I just place it just anywhere on the pad. If the silicon case is not on the OBD then it seems to charge without having to be in a certain place on the pad.

Another thing I noticed is the difference in battery temperature when charging using the wireless charger versus the Samsung OEM plug in charger.
    When charging wireless and running the hotspot I have seen battery temp as high as 42 degrees Celsius. When charging with the plug in charger and running hotspot the battery temp is around 36 degrees Celsius. (FYI temp measurements are from the "Phone info" app I have). When using my S3 in the car while charging and the S3 is in the sun I have found that the S3 will STOP charging because the battery temperature is too high (S3 shows message). Have not been able to check battery temp with S3 in sun in car. Want to do that sometime.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

For me, I don't use audible notifications so Settings -> My Device -> Sound -> Volume -> Notifications, set the slider to zero, works to at least disable the beep for Qi wireless charging.

Or you could press either Volume rocker once, and when the volume slider is shown just select the gear icon on the right of the slider, then make your adjustment accordingly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

I have two Tylt VU chargers and another cheap QI wireless charger that I bought on eBay.

My VU charger is silent (no beeps) but on the other hand it wakes me up in the middle of the night by making my phone to turn on the display and vibrating when is completely charged.

The cheap QI charger works great. The way it should. It beeps only when I put my phone to charge and that's it.

So you should definitely choose your QI charger carefully before you buy it.

My cheap Qi charger from eBay.

BEEP! Annouing beep whole night while wireless charging.-wireless.jpg
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12