1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just my luck...

So I had an upgrade coming, and had a brand new S3 delivered today! Just as I was going to set it up, my Galaxy Nexus got the Jelly Bean OTA update! Damn it! Didn't even get to see what new in it. Hopefully my new S3 will get updated soon. ;(

Default Re: Just my luck...

Don't worry, JB has started rolling out in Poland, and will hopefully find its way to the U.S. soon.

Sent from my HTC One X

Honestly, I would love to see Jelly Bean come to this phone sooner than later however based on past history I can't see that happening. If Jelly Bean update took that long to come to the Verizon Gnex then it doesn't give me much confidence considering that is a pure Google and the GS3 isn't. The Note 2 is shipping with Jelly Bean and to speculate I would say the GS3 would get it sometime around then, I hope earlier but again with past history of Verizon updates I don't see it happening anytime soon.

When I got up this morning Jelly Bean was in the process of being installed. I've checked several websites about it and would love to see the new features discussed in more depth. Samsung's website discussing the changes is not reachable. Must be jammed.

I took this picture last night. The only light from from some undercabinet fluorescent lights.Just my luck...-20120925_194754-just-under-cabinet-fluorescents.jpg I continue to be very pleased with the camera!

verizon tech told me last night that we should see Jelly Bean over the next 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmansm View Post
    verizon tech told me last night that we should see Jelly Bean over the next 5 days
    Yea, we will see in 5 days but I don't put ANY stock in what Verizon techs say anymore. They told Razr MAXX users time tables like that for ICS and it was months, same thing with Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Nexus. Verizon techs have minimal information and really have no idea of true time tables. Coming from experience with these things and Verizon we won't know for sure until it pops up on someones phone.

Will the JB update improve signal strength? I hope so.
    Chicks Dig The Long Ball

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymn25 View Post
    Will the JB update improve signal strength? I hope so.
    Only if they update the radios/baseband with it but I haven't had any issues with signal strength at all before or after the OTA modems.

You got Jelly Bean Update on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3? Where do YOU live?

If Jelly Bean is Android Version 4.0.4. I got it this morning.
    I am in Western North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailmaker View Post
    ---------- Post Merged at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Guess I was wrong. It was a long update, but Jelly Bean is supposed to be 4.1.1., right?

Quote Originally Posted by isabel95 View Post
    If Jelly Bean is Android Version 4.0.4. I got it this morning.
    I am in Western North Carolina.
    Yes, correct. I was going to be sooo jealous

---------- Post Merged at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Guess I was wrong. It was a long update, but Jelly Bean is supposed to be 4.1.1., right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sailmaker View Post

I'm betting on the Balkans.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums