Clever thread title

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Dead set on getting the gs3. Been on apple since 3G. Been monitoring this forum like a hawk for like a month. Getting my gs3 in 10 days. Anyway, I been noticing this phone has a a lot of bad builds. People with strange hardware and software issues. Seems like more and more lately. Is it just a bad batch? Im worried ill get one of those duds. I don't wanna have to get replacement after replacement.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Remember one important thing about the forums. Most people post because of problems, not because of being problem free. The problems drive people to search for answers.

I have had several iPhones and searching the Apple forums you see the same thing. My GS3 has been great since day one, but there is an occasional glitch.
My advice, buy at Best Buy and get the Black Tie protection. Great return and exchange policy if you do have a problem and the protection will cover you beyond that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My son, my wife and I have the S3. We absolutely love them. My first one was defective. I returned it during the return period. It is a fabulous phone. Each of us were long time Apple enthusiasts.

Shooter03

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with mine,no lag or bugs, it hasn't crashed the battery has been great. I can't say enough good things about it since coming from iSheep.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S3 has been one of the best phones that I have used in past history, and I have a history with cell phones... OG Droid > Droid INC > Droid X > Fascinate > Thunderbolt > iPhone 4/4S > Bionic > G Nexus > GS3. Yea its that long.

The specs in the GS3 aren't as sexy as its European counterpart, I would love to have a quad core but I love my LTE radio more so I can deal without. One thing that you have to consider with these phones no a days, mainly between Android and Apple is which ecosystem do you want to live in. It is no longer battle between better specs or a better OS. Its all about the ecosystem at which your phone is integrated with. If you have everything in with Google/GMail, then Android would be a great addition and make your life insanely easier when it comes to syncing everything from contacts to music. Same can be said with the iPhone, if you use iTunes for everything then you may be better off with an iPhone for ease of use.

Back to the main point... I haven't had any major issues with my GS3. I am on my second one from a warranty issue (user inflicted issue) and I have been happy with the phone. It is close tie between this and GNex for best phone of all time. You won't be disappointed with this phone.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I can attest like others, my phone is fine and so is my wife's (purchased 4 hours apart from two different locales for reasons of saving $50 on hers). One day later, I purchased two iPhones for my kids. Four new smartphones in less than 18 hours. I can say this, like others stated here - the ecosystem is what makes life with the device easier. I live in both primary ecosystems and I will tell you this, the S3 has a much richer feature set and a plenty good interface while the iPhones have a better quality build tactile feel and a nice link between OS and hardware. I am frustrated that I can't do certain things with my iPhones that I can with my S3 and at the same time, the different makers of Android products feel the need to skin everything which makes the Android ecosystem sometimes diluted and frustrating. Case in point - DLNA and NFC functions for Android and Samsung are both mutually inclusive and exclusive (if you can believe it's possible) at the same time -- depending on what you want to do. Then the carrier throws in apps as part of their skinned version of the manufacturers skinned version of the Android OS which makes it even more infuriating. The cleanliness of the Apple product is wonderful but also, limiting as Apple does not seem to adopt ubiquitous solutions readily and their innovation is half step behind Android.

So, with that said, we wish you the best of luck. I recommend a sturdy case like an Otterbox to provide stiffening support of the phone body and get used to the functions that are found under Settings->More Settings... see some of my posts that helps remove some of the mystery of how NFC/S Beam/A Beam/WiFi Direct and DLNA/Nearby Devices/AllPlayShare work -- either natively or together or not....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084