1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help, which phone?? I am so torn!

Ok guys, so I am going crazy with my old beatup Droid X that hardly works. I am ready for a new phone. I have been struggling with either getting a GS3 or Gnex. I also would like a Nexus 7 tablet as it would be my first ever tablet. I don't think I can wait any longer for a phone. Right now I can get a Gnex .97 cents with an upgrade to my Verizon plan or a GS3 for $148. If I get the GS3, I will probably have to wait closer to Christmas time for the Nexus 7. If I get the Gnex, I probably will have enough extra spending money to get it next month.

I don't get new phones often, just usually 2 years when I can upgrade. I don't plan on hacking much but who knows, I often get curious and start messing with things. I want my phone to last me as long as possible and keep up tech wise. So input? Go with GS3 and wait a bit on the tablet or go for Gnex and get tablet sooner? Is there a major advantage with the tech specs of GS3 lasting longer for me? Is there better benefits from having both Nexus devices? Is the camera bad on the Gnex? I have looked into this stuff but still can't make up my mind lol. I have wanted a GS3 ever since I saw it but I have also wanted the Gnex....I am torn between the 2 phones. I know getting a tablet is awesome but I know I will get one eventually, not sure if I should even factor it in my decision lol

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Help, which phone?? I am so torn!

simple. gs3 now and tablet later. It is an awesome phone!

Quote Originally Posted by droidman2177 View Post
    simple. gs3 now and tablet later. It is an awesome phone!
    +1
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

If you don't plan on doing a lot of rooting/flashing I would go the route of getting the GS3 now and wait for a tablet. If you plan to become one of the elite crackflashers then I would go with the Gnex. Both devices are great and I have owned both, they tie for the overall best phone I have owned.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by apbjur View Post
    Ok guys, so I am going crazy with my old beatup Droid X that hardly works. I am ready for a new phone. I have been struggling with either getting a GS3 or Gnex. I also would like a Nexus 7 tablet as it would be my first ever tablet. I don't think I can wait any longer for a phone. Right now I can get a Gnex .97 cents with an upgrade to my Verizon plan or a GS3 for $148. If I get the GS3, I will probably have to wait closer to Christmas time for the Nexus 7. If I get the Gnex, I probably will have enough extra spending money to get it next month.

I don't get new phones often, just usually 2 years when I can upgrade. I don't plan on hacking much but who knows, I often get curious and start messing with things. I want my phone to last me as long as possible and keep up tech wise. So input? Go with GS3 and wait a bit on the tablet or go for Gnex and get tablet sooner? Is there a major advantage with the tech specs of GS3 lasting longer for me? Is there better benefits from having both Nexus devices? Is the camera bad on the Gnex? I have looked into this stuff but still can't make up my mind lol. I have wanted a GS3 ever since I saw it but I have also wanted the Gnex....I am torn between the 2 phones. I know getting a tablet is awesome but I know I will get one eventually, not sure if I should even factor it in my decision lol

Thanks in advance!
    Are there other phones with lower priced options that interest you? Maybe the HTC One X is cheaper but still a newer model that will last longer than the slightly dated Gnex.

One other thing is that you may not be as eager to get the tablet once you get the GS3. It's so big and amazing that you may be able to make due for a few months or more.

Or maybe wait for the GNote 2 to come out and have the bigger device and phone in one?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I would really rethink the gnex I wouldn't recommend getting it on Verizon's wcdma/LTE, the phone is great on GSM I owned it before pleading with Verizon to get me a new phone, I think that the Verizon version of the gnex is crap. I'm now using the Samsung gsm3 and it was amazing at first now I'm having a lot of problems with touch wiz locking up, and WiFi troubles but other then that the gsm3 is a beast runs fast very user friendly. There are a couple of things that would steer me clear from the gnex. Let me know if u have any questions

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums