How can I remove Backup Assistant Plus from the settings?

connerflnn

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
So today I finally got tired of the damn Backup Assistant Plus that comes preloaded on the Verizon Wireless GS3 and removed it. Now that I have the APK off my phone I still have the section in the settings for it, and it really annoys me, does anyone know of a way to remove it. I saw someone had created a replacement settings APK without it but it wouldn't download on my phone because it wasn't in the right format for US. Thanks.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
From what I know you can't remove it, but only disable it via ICS Settings for Apps. As long as you have the App process disabled via ICS settings then you're fine. If btw you disable it via your Verizon account online, you will run into Gmail syncing issues, if that matters to you. The native ICS mail app will stop syncing with your gmail account, found this out the hard way.

EDIT: If the above syncing issue happens, the Gmail app will still work perfectly btw.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate that app. worthless. I just used TItanium backup to freeze it. It's still in my settings menu but at least it no longer puts backup pics in my gallery and clutters it up.

Chris Walker5

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I hate this ******* app!
Constantly pops up asking me to autherize.... for the 1000th time
Go figure right a vzw system app that does not work...
So sick of this **** and this ****ty ******* phone... id take it to
Vzw to have them fix it but im sure they will just say reformat ot.... cuz
to them thats all they know!!!! Its ******* ridiculous!!!
So does anyone know how to get it to stop constantly wanting me to authinticate
even though i have a ******* **** load of times already????
And can it be done with out root?
Even though i know rooting will unlock my pos
phone and make it a 100 times better...
I just dont have a PC to root my phone nor the time...
Nor the time to really sit here trying to fix and get what should not be broke to work!
IF SOMETHING DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY IT IS BROKE
WHY IS VZW SELLING BROKEN ****!!!
This is the LAST contract after im free from VZW
I WILL NOT RETURN!!!
and i swear if i had the cash id end my contract now destroy and trash this ****ty *** fucling LG
and go to AT&T especially cuz i know their answer to everything
is not always Re****ingformat!

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Not nearly as angry as Chris^ but it is definitely annoying. Anybody know how to stop Backup Assistand Plus from popping up all the time? I can't even disable it. :-\

insink71

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Only way to completely remove it would be with a custom ROM.
I managed to remove without going custom, but you do have to root your razr m. So, a good guide for my target [the verizon xt907] I used this handy guide: [SCRIPT/UTILITY] ROOT RAZR M XT907 for LOCKED Devices on 9.18.78 - VZW Droid Razr M Development [XT907] - DroidRzr.com . Then, you just download your handy-dandy es file explorer [from the play store], enable root privileges and mount system r/w, then go to /system/app and delete [or I cut and pasted them to a directory I made on the sdcard] the following: BackupAssistantClient.apk [and corresponding odex file], BuaContactAdapter.apk [and corresponding odex file] and FileManager.apk [and corresponding odex file]. Voila! your phone is Backup Assistant free w/o having to flash someone else's custom rom, and if you copied and pasted them somewhere, they can be restored before VZW updates. ;) Hope that helps someone.

Regards,
Rob

Last edited:

dslomer64

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I used to be in this situation (I don't know if it's the situation described above):

Connecting my Motorola Razr M Android phone to my Windows PC via USB cable made Google Chrome browser automatically go to the Backup Assistant web page at Verizon, interrupting whatever I was browsing. Big pain.

To stop this, I went into Windows Control Panel and uninstalled Motorola Device Manager.

Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2