Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 and Playlist Issues/SD Card Issues

From time to time my S3 deletes most of my playlist tracks. For example, I'll make a playlist that has say 20 tracks. Out of nowhere, it would one day have just 2 or 3 of the tracks in that playlist. I think I've caught it happening as it happened once. I was listening to music, when all of a sudden, the music just stops. I look at my phone and see it having problems with the SD card. First something about being unable to read the SD card, then it was preparing the SD card. After that all got done, my playlists went to hell again.

Anyone else having this issue? I remember that latest OTA for this phone from Verizon was supposed to fix something regarding the SD card, I did do the OTA, but this craziness is happening even afterwards.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: S3 and Playlist Issues/SD Card Issues

The OTA was for a "No SIM" issue (network signal) ....not the sd card.

What SD card are you using.. the one that came with the phone? It could be a bad/corrupt card.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for once.

Mine didn't come with an SD card...had to buy that one...didn't want to use an old one either.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Mine didn't come with an SD card...had to buy that one...didn't want to use an old one either.
    Ah yes that's right.. I forgot the phone didn't come with an sd card. I used the one from my TBolt and reformatted it before using.

Anyways.. It could be a corrupt sd card possibly from a corrupt music file especially if you're using free/shared mp3 download sites.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I also am using my sd from my old Thunderbolt. I didn't reformat it though. I just slipped it in and thought, "Hey. It's reading all of the files, must be OK." Perhaps I'll try formatting it. I just got done with backing up my files.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

It's probably NOT the SD card; most likely, it's the phone. Had my phone trash the SD card. Started out with music skipping then shortly after that, could not mount the SD card. When I put the card in an adapter and plugged it into my PC, I ran a Windows recovery app and discovered nearly ALL of the mp3 files on the card were now zero-length! Replaced the card, and later the phone, and have not had a similar problem since.

My wife has the same phone and same SD card as my original one -- and she has not had this problem.

Appears that some of the phones thrash their SD cards.