Got my S3 today...

Dark Guitar Lord

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally back on team Android and a proud owner of a Pebble Blue Galaxy S3. After playing around with the phone for a few minutes it has become very, very clear that after using iOS for the past year and a half I have become Android ignorant. I need some suggestions for must have apps, games, accessories, etc. basically are there any essential apps for the S3? I've been reading that I don't need to get Taskkiller anymore. Anyway, just looking for suggestions, hints and help!
Thanks,
Jimmy:)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Got mine 3 weeks ago, aside from my CM9 experience with my HP TouchPad...which I mostly use webOS still to this day....I don't have a whole lot of "Android experience" but this is what I've come up with: (also there's today...and 2 more days of $0.25 sale apps, which change daily...so be sure to check there for some el cheapos..that normally aren't so cheap).

SwiftKey3 keyboard
exPDF rReader PDF Annotater...( can't say I really NEED it...but it was cheap)
Juice Defender...I'm getting a few more hours out of my battery. (also paid for)
Light Flow....check out the freebie..I bought it I liked it so much (change your LED notifier colors/patterns/which apps activate etc) (also paid for)
Lapse It ...time lapse movie maker..also bought.
Voxer ...turn your phone into a walkie talkie..cross platform with Apple users
Tweet Lanes twitter client.

I haven't bothered with ROMs at all...I hacked the sweet zombie jesus out of my Pre3 and TouchPad...but I think I'm just going to leave my SGS3 alone for awhile. I don't have the need to do it or the time to read up on what I need to do to do it. Maybe one day I could get around to it...just not anytime soon :)

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I got my S3 today as well. Holy cow! This is absolutely incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Absolutely! If I could just squeeze my Razr Maxx battery under the cover.

I will add in a couple apps I like.
GSam battery.
FoxFi
Dropbox
Assistant by SPEAKTOIT
Astro or FX file managers
MX Player
Adownloader for downloading Movies, Music, etc.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got mine used for 350. Which was lucky cause that's exactly what I got out of my Maxx. I wanted to get it new, but couldn't pass up this deal. Also, I saved it from a guy that bought an iPhone 5.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone on Monday and haven't put it down since. I love this phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I got mine used for 350. Which was lucky cause that's exactly what I got out of my Maxx. I wanted to get it new, but couldn't pass up this deal. Also, I saved it from a guy that bought an iPhone 5.

Awesome price! I keep checking swappa.com, but nothing within my price range.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
They sell 4100 mah battery that is nfc capable with cover for $20 bucks if you want a huge battery.

I got rid of my Rezound for that reason. Don't plan on that again. Decided I would use a spare and external battery for this one.
Until the Note II comes to Verizon with that big 3100mah battery..

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I did similar. I kept my Maxx but sold my Rezound with cases, 2 spare batteries, extended battery, and charger for 330.00 and picked this one up supposedly 5 days old for 400.00.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe your task killer question has been answered. Absolutely do not put a task killer on you phone. Android doesn't need it anymore and it causes problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you are big into gaming then try the Tegra Optimized games. Even though the S3 isn't a Tegra device it can still run the regular version at high graphics settings which in my book is pretty darn close to the Tegra enhanced graphics.

Tegra Games Available for all Phones:
Dead Trigger (this is a MUST have game now that it is free for all and the graphics are STUNNING)
ShadowGun
Max Payne (If you like the Grand Theft Auto type games)
Grand Theft Auto III
Trainz Simulator THD (If you like to design things and junk)
Beach Buggy Blitz (currently NOT available on the S3 but it is supposed to be opening up to all devices soon)
Granny Smith (if you wanna have a laugh)

Most of these are paid games but they can keep you entertained for hours on end!

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I personally use Avast, it offers more and for some reason Lookout hangs up when trying to scan new apps on my desk device. There is literally hundreds of anti virus apps on the play store so it's just a personal preference

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

thefattexan

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
get a c pen from samsung.

---------- Post Merged at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:51 AM ----------

I personally use Avast, it offers more and for some reason Lookout hangs up when trying to scan new apps on my desk device. There is literally hundreds of anti virus apps on the play store so it's just a personal preference

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

norton works better

---------- Post Merged at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:51 AM ----------

lookout is fine but use it in conjunction with norton

Blams

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure your carrier but Verizon offers free McAfee scanner to it's customers. That's what I use. I had Lookout on my Thunderbolt before I got my GS3 but it never found viruses and I only DL from the Play Store. So can't really tell how well it actually works. Also if you have the TEC from Verizon, don't pro on the security stuff. It's cheap but all the phone locate etc features are already included with Mobile Recovery app. No use in paying for it twice. Also not sure what kind of apps you're looking for exactly so I'll just list my favorite ones/most used in no paticular order:

Evernote
Out of Milk
Fandango
Redbox
IMDB
Uverse (to set my DVR)
Score Mobile (better than ESPN IMO because it lists all instead of making you chose your fav teams and defaulting to those)
Amazon MP3 (most of my music I DL is through Amazon)
Pandora (I have a One sub to avoid ads)
Daytrotter (great if you have a membership for live sessions)
Be Weather Pro (worth the $ for the radar loops and multiple cities alone)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress