Pictures don't display "upright"

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem with the rotation of pictures displaying incorrectly? If I take a picture in landscape mode with my phone, the rotation is correct, but if I do it in portrait and try to share with other apps, it always displays in landscape mode. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, have you found a fix??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this when I copy the images to PC also... Never figured out the cause but I usually just rotate image in Gallery to correct.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
What's odd is that they display properly in my gallery apps. The problem arises when I share the pictures in my sms program or via email.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I get the same thing. I usually force close the gallery and camera and then do over. Usually solves the issue. It must be a known bug...I have heard others say this too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The only solution is to NEVER take a pic in portrait mode. This happens with just about any phone pic taken in portrait and sent MMS, even dumbphones. Have you noticed that a portrait pic taken on your S3 shows up in the gallery at landscape height and some black area to both sides so why not just take all pics landscape.

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there a quick way to rotate a video? I have a couple that were recorded in landscape but for some wierd reason playback in portrait. If I rotate the phone it stretches and distorts it.

Sent via mental telepathy from my Samsung Galaxy SIII via Tapatalk 2.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The only solution is to NEVER take a pic in portrait mode. This happens with just about any phone pic taken in portrait and sent MMS, even dumbphones. Have you noticed that a portrait pic taken on your S3 shows up in the gallery at landscape height and some black area to both sides so why not just take all pics landscape.

Yeah, pretty much every phone I've ever owned has done this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma