Help! The Galaxy S3, a PS3 and Netflix

MissRobin

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get my Galaxy S3 to work as a "remote" for Netflix on my PS3. Both devices have the most recent update of Netflix and their respective system softwares. They are both streaming data through my home Wifi connection. I still can't get the Netflix on my phone to register that there's another option to play the movies on.

I've considered trying to register my S3 as a mobile phone on the PS3 (Settings->Register Devices->Mobile Phone) but I can't find out how to find the PS3 on my S3 (so any help on that would be appreciated as well. Google hasn't worked for me on that one yet).

Any other suggestions on how to make this work would be appreciated.

Thank you!

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get my Galaxy S3 to work as a "remote" for Netflix on my PS3. Both devices have the most recent update of Netflix and their respective system softwares. They are both streaming data through my home Wifi connection. I still can't get the Netflix on my phone to register that there's another option to play the movies on.

I've considered trying to register my S3 as a mobile phone on the PS3 (Settings->Register Devices->Mobile Phone) but I can't find out how to find the PS3 on my S3 (so any help on that would be appreciated as well. Google hasn't worked for me on that one yet).

Any other suggestions on how to make this work would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Are you using the media remote app? It says on it that its not compatible with the ps3, only sony blurays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci