Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slingplayer update!....finally!

Slingbox finally gave users an update to the overly expensive ($30) and long neglected (over a year) Slingplayer app. And its a great one. Vastly improving performance and UI.

After almost 2 years with this app, I finally recommend it. Still needs little improvements but a huge step forward.

Just thought I'd share
    Last edited by SMD; 10-05-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Default Re: Slingplayer update!....finally!

You're talking about an update to the Slingbox Android app, right? If so, I hope they added a little more "adjustability"? I've got two Slingboxes in two cities connected to cable boxes and VERY high speed upload/download Internet. I still get subpar video on Slingbox though because the only adjustment for bitrate is "SD" or "HD". SD plays smooth as silk but is still grainy at its highest rate. HD starts out gorgeous but the bitrate just keeps climbing until it finally overwhelms my device and then stutters and stalls. The same thing happens on BOTH Slingboxes so I know its not cable or Internet upload speed or a Slingbox hardware issue. I'm hoping Slingbox will add an adjustment they used to have on their desktop software -- the ability to manually adjust bitrate. Seems so simple. Any chance that's in the update?

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

Default Re: Slingplayer update!....finally!

I have a slingbox with a download speed at 15 meg but there are times when my rate is a lot slower and my slingbox works fine even at the lower speeds. I have watched for over an hour withessentially no problems. An upgrade for the app was issued recently but I do not know what changed other than UI changes. Picture quality is fine UI leaves a lot to be desired.

PS: Do you have the same issues when using slingbox on PC?
    Galaxy S3 16GB Rooted Pebble Blue
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2