Finally found the solution to my "update service not available" error

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I bought the phone I've been unable to update I keep getting an update service unavailable error. 3 days ago I tryed to file a claim with Asurion and found out that Verizon never updated my account with the new S 3. After 3 days vzw finally got the phone to update correctly in their system and after did I can finally check for updates. The final level 3 tech I talk to told me that I was the fourth person he's had this happened to an all 4 people were unable to check for updates or download updates to the phone. So if you're getting a error when you check for updates log on to your Verizon account and see if the Galaxy S 3 is listed to your phone number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ant lee

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is the final solution I just checked mine and mine is listed on my verizon account
Plus a lot of other people are getting the same error and it worked before October

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is the final solution I just checked mine and mine is listed on my verizon account
Plus a lot of other people are getting the same error and it worked before October

Have you tried a new SIM card? I know that shouldn't have anything to do with it but after the new SIM was put in and the vzw system updated is when my update started to download.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95