Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ericinaz
  • 1 Post By ant lee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally found the solution to my "update service not available" error

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Finally found the solution to my "update service not available" error

Ever since I bought the phone I've been unable to update I keep getting an update service unavailable error. 3 days ago I tryed to file a claim with Asurion and found out that Verizon never updated my account with the new S 3. After 3 days vzw finally got the phone to update correctly in their system and after did I can finally check for updates. The final level 3 tech I talk to told me that I was the fourth person he's had this happened to an all 4 people were unable to check for updates or download updates to the phone. So if you're getting a error when you check for updates log on to your Verizon account and see if the Galaxy S 3 is listed to your phone number.

Kramerlivz likes this.

Default Re: Finally found the solution to my "update service not available" error

I don't think this is the final solution I just checked mine and mine is listed on my verizon account
    Plus a lot of other people are getting the same error and it worked before October
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ant lee View Post
    I don't think this is the final solution I just checked mine and mine is listed on my verizon account
    Plus a lot of other people are getting the same error and it worked before October
    Have you tried a new SIM card? I know that shouldn't have anything to do with it but after the new SIM was put in and the vzw system updated is when my update started to download.

Yup I did that too lol
    It worked till last Friday then soon as October came I couldn't check for updates

Finally found the solution to my "update service not available"  error-screenshot_2012-10-04-23-25-39.png
    I am having no trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Steven72555 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-04-23-25-39.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	39948
    I am having no trouble
    What firmware are you on the new LG7?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ant lee View Post
    Yup I did that too lol
    It worked till last Friday then soon as October came I couldn't check for updates
    I believe I experienced this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jerethi View Post
    I believe I experienced this as well.

Yea when is verizon goin to fix it
    cmgodwin likes this.

I've read about that alot today! Change to new SIM and check your phone against VZW system is.