finally bought the gs3

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
first off I love the fone. i upgraded from the first evo 4g. i have a couple questions:

1. with evo, when i did a google search, it would also search contacts and apps on my fone. google search on the s3 only searches the web. i really used this feature alot and was wondering is there a setting to have google search on the s3 do the same thing?

2. and for nfc, whats the difference between android beam and s beam? the desc for both say the same thing. do i need both on to transfer stuff or just one?

really appreciate any feedback.... thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got the phone but says you're on the nexus :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
yes i also hv the nexus 7 tablet, which i also love. need to install the android central app on my s3

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
1. Android no longer has it becuz they were sued by Apple to remove it becuz of a patent issue. It's stupid becuz that's a basic feature smh

2. S Beam is better because you can transfer literally anything from whole music albums, photos, videos, and even files on your phone to another Galaxy S3 via wifi so it's fast too...regular NFC transfer doesn't allow you to do that which makes this phone AWESOME!

The regular android beam can beam any other NFC phone, but it can only transfer links and contact and small files... I have both on, you can leave both on

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the info.

sad to hear universal lookup is no longer avail in android. gonna miss it. anyone know of an alternative app to do this?

guess i can get used to it, but man it made finding contacts and apps (which i have alot of) real simple.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They do have apps in the Google Play store that can do universal search... Search Aurora Universal Search, it has a search widget u can add for it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc