Video & Audio out of sync

Blackpearrl

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been taking videos of my babies recently with the native video app and when i play them back, the sound either moves faster than the video or maybe skips some... in any case, the audio ends far before the video does. The videos are usually over 1 min. I've searched around the web & on this forum and it appears this has been noticed with several different androids but not the GS3 as yet. I'm really irritated. I can't re-do these videos obviously. Does anyone know of a fix or alternatively, a better video app? It's hard to believe such a major issue would exist on such a premium phone, but I don't think my phone is defective or unusual, based on the history of other people who appear to have had the same probs w/droids over the years. Grrr. Thanks.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been taking videos of my babies recently with the native video app and when i play them back, the sound either moves faster than the video or maybe skips some... in any case, the audio ends far before the video does. The videos are usually over 1 min. I've searched around the web & on this forum and it appears this has been noticed with several different androids but not the GS3 as yet. I'm really irritated. I can't re-do these videos obviously. Does anyone know of a fix or alternatively, a better video app? It's hard to believe such a major issue would exist on such a premium phone, but I don't think my phone is defective or unusual, based on the history of other people who appear to have had the same probs w/droids over the years. Grrr. Thanks.

Hopefully it's just the playback that is the problem and not the file itself. I noticed this with my first couple of videos but it hasn't done it since. I did get a better sd card just in case that was the issue. I guess it's possible that if you have a slow sd card and are playing back hd video it could be choppy, especially if something else is using the phone's resources. Try rebooting your phone and only going right to the video without anything else running and see if that helps. If it's saved on your sd card, maybe you can try to access it from a computer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Blackpearrl

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it's not just the playback b/c i watched the video on my computer w/VLC & the sync is still wonky. Such a shame. I will try what you suggest re the restart & ensuring nothing else is running in the background. It really chaps my hide though. This phone is premium in most all respects, but this is a major fail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888