Verizon getting a black and brown version of the SIII

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they didn't start out with black in the first place. Would've been all over that.
It would've stopped all the threads on the pebble blue looking purple.

....and why brown?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Brown looks terrible, have no idea what Samsung was thinking with that one. I would have just stuck with Black, Blue and White.

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I just don't understand the brown; it seems like an odd color for a phone, especially when it won't look TOO different from a black one from a distance.

That being said, they'll probably still sell a bunch of them.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about moving on to the S3, and well, from my point of view i think the brown sounds nice actually. Especially with a minimal style baby pink colored cover to accent it:)

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I like the brown for some reason. I'm looking forward to when Samsung puts the black replacement backs on their page. Probably look sharp with white/black two-tone look.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Gunmetal grey would've looked cool

Best Buy has a gunmetal grey case that is really slim...I have it on my phone.

Everyone else complaining about not having a black phone available at launch are probably the same group who complained for the last 4 or 5 years that all the phones are black when they get released. Samsung decided to change it up, and I for one, applaud their efforts. Mine is blue, but you'd never know it under the case that 90% of you buy anyhow, negating the need for any color of phone.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Brown probably won't be a *hot* seller, but I can see there being a niche for it. One group that comes to mind are fashionably conscious individuals, primarily female I'd assume, that would want a phone that matches their leather handbags (I don't really know anything about fashion, but it sounds reasonable?).

Samsung said the design and colors were supposed to be "inspired" by objects in nature, so of course brown fits that pattern.

Everyone else complaining about not having a black phone available at launch are probably the same group who complained for the last 4 or 5 years that all the phones are black when they get released. Samsung decided to change it up, and I for one, applaud their efforts. Mine is blue, but you'd never know it under the case that 90% of you buy anyhow, negating the need for any color of phone.

Pretty close to what I was thinking...

If I had to guess why they didn't open with a black model is because they wanted the blue S3 to stand out in the crowd of all the other black android phones out there already. Now that the S3 is on the verge of becoming "old news" they can toss out a few news colors to try to splash the market again before the new phones hit the streets this holiday season.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about moving on to the S3, and well, from my point of view i think the brown sounds nice actually. Especially with a minimal style baby pink colored cover to accent it:)

It's going to be hard to not eat it with it looking like a neapolitan ice cream sandwich....

BIG_Neapolitan_Ice_Cream_Sandwich.s3v1.png

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
paintdrinkingpete;2222419 If I had to guess why they didn't open with a black model is because they wanted the blue S3 to stand out in the crowd of all the other black android phones out there already. Now that the S3 is on the verge of becoming "old news" they can toss out a few news colors to try to splash the market again before the new phones hit the streets this holiday season.[/QUOTE said:
I believe that even if the SGS4 were to come out in December, the S3 is going to be relevant for a long time. The S3 is the equivalent of the Evo4G when it came out. After that, there were only incremental changes and "more" in the storage departments for a long time. As I recall, after the Evo, the next two iterations were that useless Shift and equally useless 3VO. (Evo3D) Nope, the SGS3 is going to be a workhorse for a very long time. I think brown would look pretty cool, but you won't see it if you're like me and put a case on it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope my heart stops beating so fast. The S3 came out with new colors! Now when I put a case on my phone people still won't be able to see my phone color! WooHoo! Honestly I just don't understand why the color of a phone is news. I love my blue phone but I'd be fine with any color Samsung came out with. My phone is not a fashion statement. It's a tool.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Based on the pictures released the brown looks a little different every-time. The official pictures have it kind of a darker color which is what I want....but then I saw some other screenshots and it looks like poo. I guess I'll have to see it in person before I can make a desicion.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed for the most part; with my case (which is always on) I cannot tell what color my phone is.
But as with human nature, if black were the only original color many would be hooting and hollering over a white or blue one.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I believe that even if the SGS4 were to come out in December, the S3 is going to be relevant for a long time. The S3 is the equivalent of the Evo4G when it came out. After that, there were only incremental changes and "more" in the storage departments for a long time. As I recall, after the Evo, the next two iterations were that useless Shift and equally useless 3VO. (Evo3D) Nope, the SGS3 is going to be a workhorse for a very long time. I think brown would look pretty cool, but you won't see it if you're like me and put a case on it.

I'm wasn't suggesting it won't be, but the reality is that any new [Android] phone is really only marketable for ~6 months or so, 8 months tops. That's not to say that any 6 month old device is obsolete, just that in that much time there's going to be a new generation of devices released with better specs...which is where all the advertising money is going to go. This seems like perfect timing to make that last push to sell the S3 before that happens and sales start to fall sharply (which is inevitable).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37