Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mesocyclonic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Why this verizon updates always sucks...

AT&T galaxy s3 got the camera updates which made it look more like a pros camera...I'm sure samsung has released the same for verizon but this big red always plays these games with its customers and not release these updates. It want its customer beg it to release it??? This practice sucks...

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Why this verizon updates always sucks...

As much as I dislike Apple in general, I appreciate that they manage to cut the carriers out of the updating loop. I wish Android manufacturers would be more aggressive with the carriers in timeliness of updates, especially since it's the manufacturers' reputations that suffer due to slow updates.
    dealguru and twilite2000 like this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dealguru View Post
    AT&T galaxy s3 got the camera updates which made it look more like a pros camera...I'm sure samsung has released the same for verizon but this big red always plays these games with its customers and not release these updates. It want its customer beg it to release it??? This practice sucks...
    "Pro cameras" don't make a picture look better....

ROM
    CM10

I don't know much about these "pro cameras," but the camera on my Verizon S3 takes pretty darn good pictures.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Did you check the latest update on AT&T GS3, that have pretty good effects...also in the pull-down menu it gives a screen brightness adjustment. Both these enhancements are added for AT&T version and sadly (as always), verizon left its customers out in the cold.

I get better battery life after the last update, also used to slow down after a week but don't now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparesr4sissies View Post
    I don't know much about these "pro cameras," but the camera on my Verizon S3 takes pretty darn good pictures.
    I own a couple of these "Pro cameras" and my S3 takes good pictures as well. Even the front facing camera, I can see the pimple scars on my skin...
    It even has features like landscape that my camera doesn't have, which I usually have to manually stitch together.

Besides AF speed and ISO performance, I'm really happy with the S3 camera. I thought of getting a point and shoot beforehand to take around but now I don't need it.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Personally I miss the two options that I had in my Epic 4G that I often used and mastered. Stitch and Action Shot..
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon