Network Extender Question

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just bought and set up a used network extender. It's the first version SCS-26UC4, so it's not the most recent 3G capable extender. Having Wi-fi, I'm not concerned about the data connection. I've been having problems with dropped calls and am looking for advice to improve the situation.

After first setting it up, signal strength would fluctuate from -63 to -119 dbm depending on how close I was to the extender. It looked like my phone was connecting to 4G signal when it could detect it. The signal was too weak, so the call would drop. Oddly though, it would also show only 2 bars of signal strength, yet status would show -65 dbm on ehrpd.

I downloaded phone info and enabled "CDMA Only" for the radio. I'm now showing 4-5 bars throughout my house. Signal strength varies from -63 to -91 dbm. I should be good to go, but I still drop calls occasionally and have bad reception. I've gone through and enabled port forwarding (53 TCP/UDP, 500 UDP, 4500 UDP, & 52428 TCP/UDP) on my router as well.

Any suggestions???

Last edited:

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I also use an original network extender. I've used it for a few years now with numerous phones, including the Galaxy SIII. I can't say that I've ever had a dropped call.

Are you connected to it (dial #48 to confirm)?

Also, not sure if you checked here yet or not. Might make sure everything is setup and that your phone isn't blacklisted (might need to call VZW tech support for that): Answers to FAQs about network extender

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I've dialed #48 to make sure I'm connected. I also here the two beeps at the beginning of the call. I read the FAQ as well, but didn't see anything useful. I did buy it used, so I can't vouch for it's history. I've only had it a couple days, so I may need to do some more troubleshooting. I'm using a verizon fios router. My active wifi router is a netgear broadcasting a 5 GHz signal to avoid possible 2.4 GHz interference.

Here's my port fowarding. New Host 2 is the network extender.

ArAYL.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance