- 133 Posts
Network Extender Question
I just bought and set up a used network extender. It's the first version SCS-26UC4, so it's not the most recent 3G capable extender. Having Wi-fi, I'm not concerned about the data connection. I've been having problems with dropped calls and am looking for advice to improve the situation.
After first setting it up, signal strength would fluctuate from -63 to -119 dbm depending on how close I was to the extender. It looked like my phone was connecting to 4G signal when it could detect it. The signal was too weak, so the call would drop. Oddly though, it would also show only 2 bars of signal strength, yet status would show -65 dbm on ehrpd.
I downloaded phone info and enabled "CDMA Only" for the radio. I'm now showing 4-5 bars throughout my house. Signal strength varies from -63 to -91 dbm. I should be good to go, but I still drop calls occasionally and have bad reception. I've gone through and enabled port forwarding (53 TCP/UDP, 500 UDP, 4500 UDP, & 52428 TCP/UDP) on my router as well.
- 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM #2
Re: Network Extender Question
I also use an original network extender. I've used it for a few years now with numerous phones, including the Galaxy S3. I can't say that I've ever had a dropped call.
Are you connected to it (dial #48 to confirm)?
Also, not sure if you checked here yet or not. Might make sure everything is setup and that your phone isn't blacklisted (might need to call VZW tech support for that): Answers to FAQs about network extender
- 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM #3
- 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM #4
- 133 Posts
- By kca2000 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 59Last Post: 03-08-2012, 02:24 AM
- By Ason12 in forum VerizonReplies: 0Last Post: 06-01-2010, 10:42 AM
- By ncbryan in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
- By spencer132 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
- By driazen in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM