Random Album in Gallery...can't delete or open it

scraparazzi

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an "album" in my Gallary list that I cannot open, delete, etc. It is actually titled with the name of one of my bosses(!!). But, when I try to open it I get the following message, "Contents location is not available. Check network status and connected device". WTH is this???

HELP!!! I don't want to have to look at my boss's name everytime I open my picture gallery. Not to mention it is in the first position and I can't make it move or go away....

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
lol...You're owned by your boss...It sounds like you're linked to an external server, like a work server...kinda' like you'd link an internet calendar to your phone or to outlook on a computer. Not really sure where to find the link, but I'll play around with it tonight and post back if I figure it out.

scraparazzi

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! Yes, I have my corporate email linked to phone...perhaps that is where it came from. But, it only happened recently and my email has been linked for several months now.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Does it have this logo/icon on the gallery thumbnail?
Picasa
picasa.png

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd be willing to bet it only shows up when you're at work, on the company wifi network? I have 3 galleries that only show up at home, 1 is my main PC and the other 2 are the media share functionality of my DirecTV DVR units. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
It's showing up because you two are on the same wifi. I work at an airport and when I open my gallery I have about 10 galleries from people who are in the airport on the wifi. I have access to all their pictures they have on their computer. I've tried to find a way to stop this but I can't find it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

scraparazzi

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
So, you are right Montan XVI it only shows when I am on the work Wi-Fi!

Now, my next question...is there a way to get the text messaging app to resize pictures for a slideshow??? It only allows me to upload 2 and then it says file size limit reached. Annoying...I never had that problem on my Droid2

oimamused

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Open gallery - menu key - view by - select "content on device" then hit the home button to make it stick. It defaults back to all on reboot so you have to do this on every fresh boot as far as I can tell. The S3 sure is a nosy little guy!!!

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
My solution was to download QuickPic as an alternate gallery app. It also solves the bad cropping the regular gallery does when you try to set a pic as wallpaper.

FATIN Atirah

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
hye, i having a problem with my samsung note. i cant open my gallery and delete the photo..when i tried to open it said that "not enough space..delete unnecessary items"..but i already delete all download apps and do factory reset..but i still have a same problem..i try to delete through "myfile" and computer..but the photo failed to delete and it shown "write-protection"..hope u can help me solve my problem..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463