Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Still worth buying?

I've got the Galaxy Nexus but my battery doesn't last the 8hrs at work with little to no use. I've been fighting getting the S3, Razr HD MAXX or the LG Nexus. But if the rumors are the the LG Nexus is not going to have LTE, no expandable memory, and also likely not coming to Verizon. The Razr HD Maxx has a locked bootloader and with Motos recent backing out of updating their devices I don't think I want to give them my money. This leaves me with the S3, would you guys buy the phone again? And would you buy it this far into it's life cycle?
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Global Posts
    4,741 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Still worth buying?

Is the Pope religious? Best device I've ever owned. You won't be disappointed......
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Are you rooted or just running stock?
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

I just got my S3 and it's awesome. This just might be the first phone I don't have to root...unless I just get board and feel like messing around with it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts

I've had the S3 for several months, and it's a fine device. However, if I were to buy a new phone today, I'd have to consider the Razr HD Maxx.
    While the S3's battery is pretty good, the Maxx (presuming it does as well as the original) will be much, much better. And the "skin" on the Razr's OS is very minimal, uses on-screen soft keys, and is very AOSP-like (all good things).
    Nexus 5 • Nexus 7 • Surface Pro 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MBSMD View Post
    I've had the S3 for several months, and it's a fine device. However, if I were to buy a new phone today, I'd have to consider the Razr HD Maxx.
    While the S3's battery is pretty good, the Maxx (presuming it does as well as the original) will be much, much better. And the "skin" on the Razr's OS is very minimal, uses on-screen soft keys, and is very AOSP-like (all good things).
    My problem with that is Moto sucks with updates and the hardware in the device isn't as good as the S3
    Device history:

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How are the radios in the S3 compared to previous Samsung phones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

If you are still interested, I noticed that today only Best Buy is offering a contracted Galaxy S3 for $99. Hellova deal. If you're on the fence, that may help sway your decision. It's a great phone.
    DGL

Everything you believed is a lie...

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    How are the radios in the S3 compared to previous Samsung phones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I think the same. If you didn't have problems before you still won't. The battery is very good but like all phones except maxx, you'll struggle to get through a full day with heavy use. Somewhere between moderate and heavy depending on your definition might make it all day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums