phone icon is missing

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The phone icon on tray at the bottom of my screen is missing. I did a soft reset, still won't come back. It's not on my icon either but on apps manager. Samsung wasn't able to fix it.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would try to find a dialer or phone apk. on the web and just download it straight into your phone. You can either browse on google on your phone and hit download, than go to the download folder and install ( can't do that on a iphone =) ), or you can download the file into your computer and drag the file into your phone and install it like that.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you accidentally removed it from the tray. Just open up the apps list, find the Phone icon, long-press on it and hold, and when your Home screen is shown just drag it to an empty spot. Once it's on your Home screen you can drag it down to the tray.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Oly6t1

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
Just got my Motorola Maxx a couple weeks ago.
My Phone & People and Dialer icons are gone, I can get to Phone in Menu/Manage Apps/Phone, click & hold does nothing. when I open it, Only options are Force stop and clear data. :confused:
I would do a reset, but not sure is all my contacts are backed up on Ext. msd card, Wonder if a reset would do the trick?

thanks o/

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oly6t1,
No, you don't want to go into "Manage apps" - you just want to bring up the normal apps list (you normally access them by pressing the little 6 dots icon) uploadfromtaptalk1362728165433.jpgThen scroll through the pages until you find your phone dialer. Long-press on that icon uploadfromtaptalk1362728331642.jpgand it'll get put on one of your Home screens. Once it's on there, you can long-press and drag it to the Tray area (assuming that there's already an empty spot for it) or to a different Home screen (or wherever you want on that particular Home screen).
Just repeat the same steps for the other app that's missing.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

anon300056

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This occurred with my amazon kindle icon went AWOL after a system update was done. I could not find it in the application folder only in the application manager so the above posts were useless.

SOLUTION: (at least for the Samsung galaxy S3)

After entering into the application folder (APPS - see GSDers post above) , tap the menu button (on the galaxy s3 it is the touch button on the far bottom, to the left.)

You will see a menu list which starts with PLAY STORE. Here is why you have problems. there is a last folder named SHOW HIDDEN APPLICATIONS which is not visible until you scroll down one last line. open that it and you will see all icons including your lost one. highlight the check box next to it. THEN PRESS DONE AT THE TOP RIGHT (NOT THE BACK BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT = FAILURE.) Your icon will now appear in the APPS folder and hold and move to your Active pages as GSDer clearly noted above in his post.

I struggled with this for a couple of days and finally regained my Amazon Kindle Icon with this process. Good luck.

harley76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. I'm on a rooted GS2 with AOKP rom and my son was playing with my phone and I noticed the contacts icon and phone icon are missing from BOTH the dock AND in my app drawer. Went into settings/apps/all apps and they are both there but I cant get them into my app drawer or the dock...please help

Amrita Sondhi

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, if the app is missing from the tray AND also the app drawer, go to settings>apps>disabled> find the app that is disabled and open it and press "enable". You will then find it in your menu and you can press it longer and get it on your tray or wherever it suits you.

Clariissa

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Finding missing phone icon

Thank you, anon300056

For the Asus FonePad or any phone for that matter.

Steps:
1. Download Astro File Manager from Google Playstore
2. Open the "System" file
3. Then the "App" file
4. At "View Settings", tick "Show Hidden Files"
5. Phone app appears!
6. Go to Home screen. Click on [six dots in circle] for apps.
7. Search for Phone app. Long-press and drag it to the Home screen.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Practicia Posilini

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
This occurred with my amazon kindle icon went AWOL after a system update was done. I could not find it in the application folder only in the application manager so the above posts were useless.

SOLUTION: (at least for the Samsung galaxy S3)

After entering into the application folder (APPS - see GSDers post above) , tap the menu button (on the galaxy s3 it is the touch button on the far bottom, to the left.)

You will see a menu list which starts with PLAY STORE. Here is why you have problems. there is a last folder named SHOW HIDDEN APPLICATIONS which is not visible until you scroll down one last line. open that it and you will see all icons including your lost one. highlight the check box next to it. THEN PRESS DONE AT THE TOP RIGHT (NOT THE BACK BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT = FAILURE.) Your icon will now appear in the APPS folder and hold and move to your Active pages as GSDer clearly noted above in his post.

I struggled with this for a couple of days and finally regained my Amazon Kindle Icon with this process. Good luck.

Thank-you, that worked after oneplus-one upgrade

Carmen Khoi-aos

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
that 6 dotted icon just disappeared from the bottom of my screen. Usually it would just merge with one of the other icons or shift to another screen, but this time it vanished. Is there a way to get it back?

8ubZer0

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
The way I got round it:
First download Blue Tooth App sender (Make sure it allows you to send system apps first) on another Samsung device then send Phone app across to your Samsung device and install it.

To install allow Unknown sources.
DONE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12