Changing default browser

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have Chrome and the built in browser on my stock S3. I would like to use Chrome as the default browser, but it appears that it will not allow me to change the default browser. When I click on a URL, I get the pop-up for browser selection. I select Chrome and check the make this my default browser box. The URL will open in Chrome the first time. The next time I select the same or different URL, I get the browser selection box again.

Here are the steps I tried to resolve it.

restarted the phone.
removed Chrome and installed again
Tried Dolphin and had the same results.
Cleared the browser cache and settings

None of these steps worked and really don't want to perform a factory reset. Anyone have the same issue?

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I found the program a little while ago. It works, but shouldn't it work without having to use a separate app?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have Chrome and the built in browser on my stock S3. I would like to use Chrome as the default browser, but it appears that it will not allow me to change the default browser. When I click on a URL, I get the pop-up for browser selection. I select Chrome and check the make this my default browser box. The URL will open in Chrome the first time. The next time I select the same or different URL, I get the browser selection box again.

Here are the steps I tried to resolve it.

restarted the phone.
removed Chrome and installed again
Tried Dolphin and had the same results.
Cleared the browser cache and settings

None of these steps worked and really don't want to perform a factory reset. Anyone have the same issue?

I actually do not mind the "Pop-Up" selection, because Chrome will not play Flash videos so I use the stock one instead for Flash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude