Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By markespo55
  • 1 Post By iFebby
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default best place to sell my gs3?

I'm considering selling my gs3. Can anyone suggest where or how I should sell to get the most money?

Global Posts
    6,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: best place to sell my gs3?

ebay, kijiji, craigslist, newspaper, Marketplace forum here....if you have enough posts. Average price on Kijiji here is about $500.....although some people are brazen enough to ask for the exact same price that you would pay if you walked into a store and bought it.....WITH a warranty.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

I sell on Ebay alot but they charge any where from like 10% to 15% so you would be better off on craigslist

Craigslist is where you will get the most $. The only problem is that you have to meet them in person, just make sure you choose a public place. I buy and sell on craigslist all the time and I actually just traded my Razr Maxx + cash for a S3.

I have seen them going in my area on craigslist for 400 in like new condition.

Good Luck!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Craig's list is okay, just pick a public place like example a carrier store. This way it's public, the buyer can check for themselves right there that it's got a clean ESN and activate it if they want and all parties are happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

If you go craigslist meet at a verizon store and have them put it on there account so there are no issues.

Swappa is great i sold my droid razr on there...very easy to use

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Rrulander
    I saw you said you traded your maxx for an s3, can I ask you how is that going? I have a maxx now and have been through a few with signal problems. Verizon is offering me an s3. Is it worth it? How's the battery lasting?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mgindi26 View Post
    Rrulander
    I saw you said you traded your maxx for an s3, can I ask you how is that going? I have a maxx now and have been through a few with signal problems. Verizon is offering me an s3. Is it worth it? How's the battery lasting?

I love my s3....i sometimes get 4 hours of screen time and around 13hours off a single charge

I sold my Bionic on Swappa and bought my GS3 there as well.

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

Sell it on Android Central man. People are looking for phones left and right. And you can trust all of us than some random person on Craigslist.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    anthony2558 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you want to do it with no muss or fuss then just use gazelle.com , They seem to offer very competitive prices for used hardware.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by markespo55 View Post
    Sell it on Android Central man. People are looking for phones left and right. And you can trust all of us than some random person on Craigslist.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    i'm leaning towards this option. where on here can i sell it? sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm searching around the site now. should i create a thread for it or is there a marketplace?

Quote Originally Posted by bigslam123 View Post
    If you want to do it with no muss or fuss then just use gazelle.com , They seem to offer very competitive prices for used hardware.
    I love Gazelle.com. I have sold my last two phones there. They offer super good prices and so simple to deal with.

$@$
    Sent from my SCH-I535

Quote Originally Posted by mgindi26 View Post
    Rrulander
    I saw you said you traded your maxx for an s3, can I ask you how is thagoing? I have a maxx now and have been through a few with signal problems. Verizon is offering me an s3. Is it worth it? How's the battery lasting?

Wow...Verizon won't let me exchange phones...I've had issues with the S3 since I received it..
    Last edited by Kegs2015; 11-04-2012 at 07:41 AM.

I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods the only phones that sell on craigslist are cheaply priced ones. I picked up my s3 for 340. It was a month old, came with everything that it came with in box, screen protectors, screen wipes, car charger, and a window mount.

The places where I see you get prime money for phones is ebay, the marketplace here, and swappa. I don't think I have seen a s3 under 400 on swappa.

be careful buying a used phone.. i bought one and i went to verizon to get it activated and when i did they said it was tied to an account that was suspended and they could not activate it to my account.. i was really lucky and the person i bought it from refunded my money.. if you do get one i agree meet at a verizon store or ask for the numbers on the phone and called verizon yourself and ask if its a clean phone.

to sell i would say craigs list or ebay but also try facebook.. there are several buy/sell groups in my area that you can post stuff... thats where 90% of my buying/selling comes from!!!!!! im sure if you checked around there is a group in your area
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajost95 View Post
    Swappa is great i sold my droid razr on there...very easy to use

Swappa is great!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Craigslist and eBay will probably get you the most bang for your buck. However, if you are like me and are not wanting to field calls from people you don't know at all times of the day or list something on eBay a website such as swappa or sellcell would be great. I myself tried a website which is on there to sell my blackberry 9900 and was paid right away (obviously they did not pay what you might bet on Craigslist or eBay but they saved me all the hassle which was worth it). Just in case anybody wants to check them out directly the site is:
    Sell My Blackberry
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

To post on the market place you must have been a member for 30+ days and have 50+ legit posts.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Id go with either ebay, or swappa and then Craigslist if ebay or swappa don't work out for you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Just remember guys that when you sale on ebay that you have to pay a final sale fee and a PayPal fee for the transaction . Also, you run the risk of being a victim to the rising scam artist so make sure you list full details of device. When shipping use signature confirmation and insurance if possible. Be safe and spend the extra $10.

In my personal experience I've sold far too many phones on Craigslist to even count but it's been pleasant for me as there is so fee involved.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    If I've helped you in any way please hit thanks as a token of gratitude.
    nyry likes this.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by gtgirl88 View Post
    be careful buying a used phone.. i bought one and i went to verizon to get it activated and when i did they said it was tied to an account that was suspended and they could not activate it to my account.. i was really lucky and the person i bought it from refunded my money.. if you do get one i agree meet at a verizon store or ask for the numbers on the phone and called verizon yourself and ask if its a clean phone.

to sell i would say craigs list or ebay but also try facebook.. there are several buy/sell groups in my area that you can post stuff... thats where 90% of my buying/selling comes from!!!!!! im sure if you checked around there is a group in your area
    If you're going to buy a phone from a source that doesn't garuntee your money back or returns (such as CL or FB) I would recommend using this ESN checker tool on Swappa's website to make sure its clean before you buy it
    ESN / IMEI / MEID Check (Free) > Swappa

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

To bad this is an 8 month old thread and op is probably not looking to sell anymore

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by weesy View Post
    I'm considering selling my gs3. Can anyone suggest where or how I should sell to get the most money?
    2 weeks ago I purchased a like new S3 32gb blue with CM10.1 RC5 $325.00 shipped on Swappa.com. This one had just listed 2 days earlier. They charge the seller $10.00. Great place to buy. I would not even consider Craigs List to buy or sell.