- 208 Posts
- stock rooted
Ever since I got my SG3, I actually thought that touchwiz was pretty decent for a stock UI and Launcher so I stuck with it but am wondering about other options for a Launcher.
Do you guys use TW still or did you go with another launcher? If so which one?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
- 10-22-2012, 12:49 AM #2
I use Go launcher. There are some other good ones but I like the additional Go apps and widgets and themes.
Check this guys YouTube channel out. He is the master of launchers and customization. There are so many cool things you can do.
Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central ForumsAndroid Evangelist
HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
- 10-22-2012, 02:24 AM #3
- 10-22-2012, 02:28 AM #4
- 10-22-2012, 02:51 AM #5
I've used Go launcher for a while, pretty nice. ssLauncher is really fast and smooth but so many custom option drive me nuts.
My choice: Apex Launcher, because...
- Look and feel of ICS/JB (menus, animations, etc.)
- Convenient gestures: Swipe up for menu
- Swipe down for notifications
- Double tap homescreen for recent apps
- Adjustable grid (6x6, 7x7, or even bigger)
- Resize Widgets (unlike TouchWiz, at least my version on Note)
Bottom line: Familiar style, pretty decent customizability but not overload, and more free features than Nova, Holo)
- 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM #6
Nova launcher is pretty good, that's what I use. To be honest, I don't really have a problem with the default TW launcher in terms of usability, but the main reason I prefer to use Nova is because I can backup and restore my homescreen configs, which is a HUGE time-saver when installing new ROMs.
I've been very happy with Nova, and it doesn't seem to cause any noticeable lag or have any affect on performance... I haven't used Go Launcher or Apex recently enough to give a justified comparison, however.
- 10-22-2012, 10:31 AM #7
- 10-22-2012, 11:11 AM #8
- 10-22-2012, 12:41 PM #9
- 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM #10
- 10-22-2012, 01:17 PM #11
To sum up and agree with everyone else basically...
Go Launcher is fantastic, and FREE! I used it all the time on my other phones, including Touchwiz and Sense.
Nove Launcher is amazing also, and I've heard good things about Apex, too.
You can't go wrong with any of them, so it boils down to personal choice.Treo650 > Pre > Hero > Evo4G > SGS2 > GNex > SGS3.> HTC One
- 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM #12
- 565 Posts
I have always used golauncher in the past but since ICS came around go hasn't done it for me. Though i havent used go for awhile it may be better now. I have both paid versions of Apex and Nova and as they are both great launchers Nova is the smoothest and has better customization and the ability to import other launcher layouts etc.
Tsf shell is nice and very fast but its a very busy launcher and not for the faint of heart. Learning curve and price. I have used tsf shell for a few months now but I usually only use it on tablets. Easier to get around on the bigger screens (big thumbs).
My opinion is to get a few of these launchers loaded and use home manager from the market to switch between launchers, and play with em. That will help you decide what's best for you. Some work but this is the best way to decide which is best for you. Everyone has their own opinion on which is best, not necessarily what would be best for you.
- 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM #13
- 10-22-2012, 02:50 PM #14
- 10-22-2012, 04:49 PM #15
- 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM #16
- 10-22-2012, 09:55 PM #17My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon
- 10-23-2012, 09:10 AM #18
- 10-23-2012, 03:28 PM #19
- 10-23-2012, 09:12 PM #20
- 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM #21
- 155 Posts
I really like the customization on both Apex and Nova, they're both very similar. But I ended up going back to TW because I use Exchange email and calendar very heavily on my phone and I don't like not having the icon notification on the mail icon and I also really like the TW calendar widget and that doesn't work on other launchers either.
- 10-25-2012, 01:43 AM #23
- 10-25-2012, 01:49 AM #24
- 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM #25
Re: LaunchersTreo650 > Pre > Hero > Evo4G > SGS2 > GNex > SGS3.> HTC One
- By gmatt in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2013, 10:12 AM
- By jlgraham in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 12Last Post: 02-12-2010, 02:25 AM
- By mich1248 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 14Last Post: 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
- By Brett in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
- By matrix2004 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM