Launchers

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey all
Ever since I got my SG3, I actually thought that touchwiz was pretty decent for a stock UI and Launcher so I stuck with it but am wondering about other options for a Launcher.

Do you guys use TW still or did you go with another launcher? If so which one?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher is amazing it very customizable and it even has Jelly Bean features

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350890901101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350890901101.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 233
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350890910187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350890910187.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 237

vegan411

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I've used Go launcher for a while, pretty nice. ssLauncher is really fast and smooth but so many custom option drive me nuts.

My choice: Apex Launcher, because...

- Look and feel of ICS/JB (menus, animations, etc.)
- Convenient gestures: Swipe up for menu
- Swipe down for notifications
- Double tap homescreen for recent apps
- Adjustable grid (6x6, 7x7, or even bigger)
- Resize Widgets (unlike TouchWiz, at least my version on Note)

Bottom line: Familiar style, pretty decent customizability but not overload, and more free features than Nova, Holo)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Nova launcher is pretty good, that's what I use. To be honest, I don't really have a problem with the default TW launcher in terms of usability, but the main reason I prefer to use Nova is because I can backup and restore my homescreen configs, which is a HUGE time-saver when installing new ROMs.

I've been very happy with Nova, and it doesn't seem to cause any noticeable lag or have any affect on performance... I haven't used Go Launcher or Apex recently enough to give a justified comparison, however.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz launcher will have the smoothest transition effects. Right now I'm using Nova because it just looks better. I have tried Apex and I could not believe how laggy it was.

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been using TSF Launcher for a while now. The UI is a little different than typical launchers and it's kind of pricey, but it is fast and smooth.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Nova for me. I love the customization, look and feel. Go would be my second choice if I had to choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
To sum up and agree with everyone else basically...

Go Launcher is fantastic, and FREE! I used it all the time on my other phones, including Touchwiz and Sense.

Nove Launcher is amazing also, and I've heard good things about Apex, too.

You can't go wrong with any of them, so it boils down to personal choice.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have always used golauncher in the past but since ICS came around go hasn't done it for me. Though i havent used go for awhile it may be better now. I have both paid versions of Apex and Nova and as they are both great launchers Nova is the smoothest and has better customization and the ability to import other launcher layouts etc.
Tsf shell is nice and very fast but its a very busy launcher and not for the faint of heart. Learning curve and price. I have used tsf shell for a few months now but I usually only use it on tablets. Easier to get around on the bigger screens (big thumbs).
My opinion is to get a few of these launchers loaded and use home manager from the market to switch between launchers, and play with em. That will help you decide what's best for you. Some work but this is the best way to decide which is best for you. Everyone has their own opinion on which is best, not necessarily what would be best for you.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I liked touchwiz more than the average guy you'll find on here, but I like having more customization options like with Nova. I was able to get Nova Prime for 25 cents a few weeks ago and I love it!

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Other than Stock, I like Nova. Especially having 30 apps right on my home screen without losing wallpaper view..uploadfromtaptalk1350960921505.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I would probably use Apex but the Go calendar widget is a must have for me. I haven't found anything I like as much.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought SBP shel almost 2 years ago when it came out. I finally got a chance to use it daily. It work perfect with 4.0 Before it used to be a data hog. Now its sweet. No more Go launcher. Finally getting my $14 worth out of it after 2 years

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz