Best way to get Google Music "pinned" to Ext SD?

geddy1001

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Though I cant seem to find exactly where Google Music stores my "pinned" music, I definitely know its on my internal memory and not on my ext SD card. Is there a way to get Google Music to "pin" songs onto the Ext SD card instead of internal memory? Thanks

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope.. Not possible without some rooting and using something like DirectoryBind... Def more overly complicated than it should be.. People have been complaining about this since the Beta...

geddy1001

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Well that takes care of that question. That just leaves where the heck is pinned music stored because I have check in all the usual spots that are mentioned on the forums and they are there..thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how much good it'll do you, but one possible location is:
/data/user/0/com.google.android.music/cache/music
(another one is /data/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music)
It appears that there are other mirrored locations that show the same content. And unfortunately Google doesn't store these with useful filenames, so all you'll see is something like '582.mp3'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

geddy1001

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!
Ive looked in these spots and it seems to only have the cached songs from what I have played but not "pinned". I think the Pinned songs are hidden somehwere in the Googleverse where they dont want you to locate :)

geddy1001

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!
Ive looked in these spots and it seems to only have the cached songs from what I have played but not "pinned". I think the Pinned songs are hidden somehwere in the Googleverse where they dont want you to locate :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12