Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Transfering music from phone to SD card

OK I hope someone can chime in here and tell me how I screwed up..Awhile back I read a thread in here on how to transfer music from my phone memory to my SD card memory. So I plugged my phone into my computer and simply dragged the music files to my SD card. Everything in the beginning appeared to work great until I re-booted my phone. Then I got the error message your SD card in broken giving me the option to re-format it but losing everything. I ended up doing this because I have all my music backed up on my PC. Did moving these files off my computer cause this. The SD card had worked flawlessly until I did that. Is there a program for the phone I could use to make the precess simpler ??...Thanks for any help in advance...

Default Re: Transfering music from phone to SD card

No that wasn't the cause, same thing happened to me yesterday, had to reformat the card. It's a good thing I back up my card monthly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

How was your SDCard formatted? There have been a few threads discussing problems, particularly with large numbers of files, when the SDCard is formatted as ext3 (the default). And apparently those problems went away when the users reformatted the card as FAT32. I can't speak from experience here since I formatted my SDCard as FAT32 for other reasons, but I haven't had any problems with music, rebooting the phone, etc.
    You may want to do a search for that or just give it a try and see what happens.
    Obviously it SHOULD work with the default file system type, and perhaps those users had some other problem confusing the issue - it's hard to say.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

OK can you give me a tip on how to reformat as FAT 32...I just went into settings and couldn't figure it out...The other bummer in this is it takes forever to copy all my music back to my SD card...Any faster way that someones knows about..I'm just plugging my phones into the computer and dragging the files onto the card...

I reformatted mine on my computer, it selected fat32 by default.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bcso48 View Post
    Any faster way that someones knows about..I'm just plugging my phones into the computer and dragging the files onto the card...
    MTP is limited and slow as $#|+ .. Now I just use my SD adapter to both format and back-up/transfer files..
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon

How do i move a song from my external sd card to Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Miner View Post
    How do i move a song from my external sd card to Facebook?
    You really should have started your own thread, instead of hijacking this one -- since your question is entirely different from the subject of this thread.

But, here's a link to how it's done in general: HowStuffWorks "How to Add Music to Facebook"