Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that doesn't really care about JellyBean?? I get its going to be better but you guys seem like your ready to piss your self like iOS fans after an iPhone announcement

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would rather pay more for a phone that i can USE and not wait till I can find coverage. For the data caps oh well sprint just knows if they cut the unlimited plans they would just go bankrupt and be done for!

Plus it has enough spectrum unlike att that sprint can have unlimited for a LONG time plus network vision coming to a city near u

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

tdobynes

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had JB on my GNex with Sprint for about a month, the update did nothing but improve the functionality and speed of the phone and I've had 4G coverage for the last week ... bad time to leave Sprint....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's easy to think that way... But... It's easier to turn an suv than it is a super stretch bus.... Or change brakes on a Honda Accord than a range Rover... Verizon has more checks and balances and way more people to worry about..... They just have their way of doing things and from the looks of it..... It's working.. So why change it..... Only people to blame is Samsung... They could do like Apple and service the phones themselves but... Do you want that as a consumer... I just think it's sooooo closed minded to look at one company(a not too successful one at that) and say they did it why aren't you.... The answer... We aren't them.... The phone works right? ...

I wanted JB so I went and got it... I'll be happy to flash an official version but... We knew vzw was gonna go at their own pace... Be it 1st or last...

True you could look at it that way....or.....you can look at the larger company also has more people to do the work with than the smaller on. We all know they definitely have more money. I feel the pain every month when I pay them lol.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha see that's it RIGHT THERE lol when I was with vzw I felt robbed every month. With sprint I actually feel like I'm paying a good company for good service and its easier on my wallet.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually the same jb ota was leeked about a week or two ago, I've been running it rooted on my s3 since it was leeked and I havent run into any problems so far.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Android Central Forums

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that doesn't really care about JellyBean?? I get its going to be better but you guys seem like your ready to piss your self like iOS fans after an iPhone announcement

Exactly, most people bought the phone with ICS on it knowing exactly what it is capable of. The phone still does everything you expected it to do.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The best network with the best data caps and highest overage charges hahahaha

Speak for yaself... I'm still unlimited.... And if I left verizon it wouldn't be for sprint.... Their service is horrible in Phx and Atlanta my 2 Homes... And let's not talk about charges.... What company was charging folks for 4g where they didn't have 4g..Sprint.... At least with verizon you know where your money is going... No other company has updated their network as efficient and fast as Verizon... Period... And sprints customer service.... Now that's really something to laugh at... Check the ratings on quality and customer service.... And get at me!
You pay for what you get.... I need a signal and customers service they can have my money if they provide that..
go prepaid (cricket, metro pcs, straight talk,) if your not about quality.. Honestly, what are you paying for????

Sent from my GS3....

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect anything from Verizon until the Razr HD hype calms down. They don't want an older phone on the display case getting an update that makes their newest flagship phones look bad. This is how Verizon operates and it's been this way for some time now. Pray for a leaked ROM instead!

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Speak for yaself... I'm still unlimited.... And if I left verizon it wouldn't be for sprint.... Their service is horrible in Phx and Atlanta my 2 Homes... And let's not talk about charges.... What company was charging folks for 4g where they didn't have 4g..Sprint.... At least with verizon you know where your money is going... No other company has updated their network as efficient and fast as Verizon... Period... And sprints customer service.... Now that's really something to laugh at... Check the ratings on quality and customer service.... And get at me!
You pay for what you get.... I need a signal and customers service they can have my money if they provide that..
go prepaid (cricket, metro pcs, straight talk,) if your not about quality.. Honestly, what are you paying for????

Sent from my GS3....

Right on, I was sprint a few months a go for only ONE month before sending back the phones in the 30 days they give you. I was told they had upgraded their towers and customer service was better then a few years ago, and there customer service is still a joke. they act like I'm crazy when I tell them whats wrong with the their first bill they sent me and after that I told them they could have there phones back and that I was still in the 30 days and I wasn't happy with them so I wouldn't be paying for it and the person said "sorry your not happy with sprint we can give you $20 off your next bill if you stay" I was like really...? and hung up. Also the whole time my phone did nothing but roam and that kills the battery on any phone. When I did get sprint coverage It would one maybe two bars and that would come with dropped calls, missed calls that didn't ring and texts where delayed for hours at a time.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with you mike304 i left Sprint due to their horrible 4G speeds and sad coverage. I love the speeds on Verizon and don't mind waiting for the proper jelly bean update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Other than Project Butter, there's nothing groundbreaking about Jellybean. When I came from Gingerbread on the Droid 4 to ICS on the S3, that was a big change. ICS is great on my phone, and there is no way in hell that I would ever switch carriers for an update. My 4G is fast as hell, and my phone works everywhere it needs to. Not to mention my bill is only $80 w/ Unlimited Data. Not losing any sleep over something that will eventually come. Sad to say, but anyone that has time to brag about phone updates and/or carrier bash needs to grow up, get a life, or both. It's a phone, first and foremost. If it makes phone calls, then you chose the right service. Just my .02 guys.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my GS3....

Bro network vision and lte is almost done in atl I know for a fact and phx isn't gonna get left out like wimax did and speak for yourself I pay REASONABLE prices for a GOOD and IMPROVING network and carrier that's not gonna cut me off for being a dollar shot on my bill (which vzw did me on TWO occasions) I'm in Chicago

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Bro network vision and lte is almost done in atl I know for a fact and phx isn't gonna get left out like wimax did and speak for yourself I pay REASONABLE prices for a GOOD and IMPROVING network and carrier that's not gonna cut me off for being a dollar shot on my bill (which vzw did me on TWO occasions) I'm in Chicago

I was with Sprint for 11 years and some change. After employee discounts, Verizon costs me $4.00 a month more than Sprint. No I don't have unlimited data, but it doesn't take me 3 days to download an MP3 either. I'm on WiFi most of the time, so my tiny 4GB data plan is fine. If I drop it to 2GB, Sprint would be more expensive than Verizon. I'm not dogging on Sprint, and I'm not defending the evil Verizon either. I think the mobile phone pricing plans are ridiculous across the board.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well that was unfortunate for u but I download mp3z all the time on 3g and its takes about a minute or shorter. If I'm on wimax about 5 seconds or so

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Well that was unfortunate for u but I download mp3z all the time on 3g and its takes about a minute or shorter. If I'm on wimax about 5 seconds or so

I take it irony isn't in your vocabulary...correct?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Sprint isn't industry leading at anything compared to the other majors... and the cost isnt that much of a difference do the math...They better offer unlimited cause they don't have a choice.. And is it that sprint doesn't have billing errors or just doesn't come out and say it.... Idk.... I'd say charging people for 4g for years that aren't getting 4g vs an error that's fixed... is just robbery.. Stay with sprint. That's coo.. I'll stay with verizon

But people who dog Verizon for taking longer to update phones need to look at the big picture and ask yourself what do you want from the carrier... if it's fast updates.. Verizon ain't for you... I need grade A cell service and customers service... I'm willing to Deal with updates myself...

Sent from my GS3....

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sprint isn't industry leading at anything compared to the other majors... and the cost isnt that much of a difference do the math...They better offer unlimited cause they don't have a choice.. And is it that sprint doesn't have billing errors or just doesn't come out and say it.... Idk.... I'd say charging people for 4g for years that aren't getting 4g vs an error that's fixed... is just robbery.. Stay with sprint. That's coo.. I'll stay with verizon

But people who dog Verizon for taking longer to update phones need to look at the big picture and ask yourself what do you want from the carrier... if it's fast updates.. Verizon ain't for you... I need grade A cell service and customers service... I'm willing to Deal with updates myself...

Sent from my GS3....

In YOUR SITUATION maybe but in mine I was paying vzw 150 a pop a month just for 3g.... right I would've been crazy to stay guess how much I owe this month... a whopping 73 bucks lol

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my GS3....

Since when is Sprint charging a 4G fee? I've been with them over 5 years and never seen it. And customer service is ranked in the top. Where you get your facts from?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney