Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 131
Like Tree36Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    U.S. Cellular, AT&T and Leap are wholly American owned.
    This whole thread is a giant circlejerk by two different sides. Careful not to splash any of it on each other.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  2. #77  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    No att is not american owned sorry u can Google it if u like

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  3. #78  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    And uscc and leap is not one of the big 4

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And uscc and leap is not one of the big 4

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Are you OK. Sounding a bit childish. And why would you be wasting your time over here in the Verizon section??
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    No att is not american owned sorry u can Google it if u like

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    I did.



    continue your circlejerk
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    Sophos, Chris, leroybrute and 2 others like this.
  6. #81  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Are you OK. Sounding a bit childish. And why would you be wasting your time over here in the Verizon section??
    I'm on tapatalk lol this is taking like 5 seconds to type

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  7. #82  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Oh my bad att is american owned but a foreign company does has stock in att and I knew uscc was American owned its from my hometown lol

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  8. #83  
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Super-elite full-time dad

    Posts
    274 Posts
    ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    Ok sooo ask yourself this question in a year when sprint is all done with their LTE, it will then be as saturated in % #s to customers also so when it's time for more spectrum who do you want to rely on buying and rolling out that spectrum... Verizon or Sprint? Like I said before, I can hack a phone and take off the Verizon stuff but I can't work on cell towers...

    And to add the Razr HD maxx(Droid) , I'd take over the Evo any day of the week sooo I don't think sprint wins in phones either... Not as of right now

    Sent from my GS3....
    Well, I hate to say anything at all in this thread because you guys are way too hostile when it's just a cell phone company. You talk like people should go to the church of Verizon or AT&T on Sunday and worship them. But......
    From an interview with Bloomberg:

    “So if I didn’t have any interesting strategy, I wouldn’t bet $20 billion” on Sprint, he said.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    While Son said he considered investments in companies outside the U.S., Sprint was the best choice because it has the ability to challenge and AT&T’s dominance of the U.S. mobile-phone industry. The Softbank investment will give Sprint the capital to pay down debt, invest in its network or continue to make deals in the U.S. wireless industry.
    “Anything you can think of, I have thought about,” Son said. “Don’t rule out anything.”
    Softbank, based in , will provide $8 billion in new capital as part of the deal to bolster Sprint, the third-largest U.S. wireless operator. Sprint, which has said it will play a role in industry consolidation, previously had to pass on chances to grow because of its weak .
    “We will no longer need to forgo investment opportunities. We have the flexibility that we just never had before,” Hesse said in the interview. “We are not on the sidelines. This deal does not stop us from doing anything.”

    ...............................................................................

    “I would have never invested even $1,000 if AT&T had successfully acquired T-Mobile, because then that’s ‘game over’” with a stronger duopoly forming, Son said. “If it had happened, I wouldn’t come to this market.”






    Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    I wonder how many sprint users know they company was going under until they were recently bought lol.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Do you have some sort of inside info?I think you're just talking out your a$$ to make your hostility sound better, because Sprint was looking at its first profitable year after NV if things didn't change(BEFORE Softbank). Please use facts, not just "well Sprint was going under" because it makes what you say sound more creditable. It doesn't.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #84  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Thank u playa u just confirmed what I said lol

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  10. #85  
    HalizDad's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Well, I hate to say anything at all in this thread because you guys are way too hostile when it's just a cell phone company. You talk like people should go to the church of Verizon or AT&T on Sunday and worship them. But......
    Naw...there's just a couple. Ignoring them works fantastic. I liked Sprint, but got tired of not having 4G at home, but a mile South, there it was. My 3G was better than the 3G I get from Verizon, but Verizon has LTE in my area. It gets choked with people, which is strange because we have wifi everywhere. Oh well. Verizon costs about $6.00 a month more right now, and will be $4.00 a month less when I change my data plan. In 2 years, I'll probably switch to another company, or back to Sprint. I have ZERO carrier loyalty. If Verizon tips over my apple cart before my 2 years are up, I'll pay the ETF and walk.

    As far as the main subject of this thread goes, BOTH carried have muffed updates. Verizon screwed up the T-Bolt, and Sprint screwed up the SG2E4GT. I don't know how they manage to screw something up that badly, but yes, they did it. I'm waiting for one of them to literally brick 50-60k phones sometime...lol I am never the first to take an OTA update.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Everyone is taking their cell company way to serous. Let me just say choosing one carrier over another doesn't make you better than any one else lol.... I have been with pretty much all carriers and found Sprint works for me... But nothing is wrong with the others. It's preference just like phones..

    So all in all.... All the s3s will be getting the update. Sure Sprint got it first but who cares... Sprint was first to update the software but last for LTE.... So... Yeah? It's a give and take thing..

    People need to not be so dang serious about stuff like this...



    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint has gotten Jellybean first-uploadfromtaptalk1352060996480.jpg  
    MERCDROID likes this.
  12. #87  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Naw...there's just a couple. Ignoring them works fantastic. I liked Sprint, but got tired of not having 4G at home, but a mile South, there it was. My 3G was better than the 3G I get from Verizon, but Verizon has LTE in my area. It gets choked with people, which is strange because we have wifi everywhere. Oh well. Verizon costs about $6.00 a month more right now, and will be $4.00 a month less when I change my data plan. In 2 years, I'll probably switch to another company, or back to Sprint. I have ZERO carrier loyalty. If Verizon tips over my apple cart before my 2 years are up, I'll pay the ETF and walk.

    As far as the main subject of this thread goes, BOTH carried have muffed updates. Verizon screwed up the T-Bolt, and Sprint screwed up the SG2E4GT. I don't know how they manage to screw something up that badly, but yes, they did it. I'm waiting for one of them to literally brick 50-60k phones sometime...lol I am never the first to take an OTA update.
    How is the sgs2 screwed up???

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  13. #88  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    How is the sgs2 screwed up???

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    u can google it if u like
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    chevyman29 and MERCDROID like this.
  14. #89  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    I don't have to im on one now. I saw the goofy and easy complaints on the forums. I for one haven't experienced one either has my aunt

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  15. #90  
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Super-elite full-time dad

    Posts
    274 Posts
    ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Same goes for the "this company is #1 in this" crap. I don't pay much attention to that, but as far as being a loyal customer, i'm loyal to whoever I happen to be paying the bill to each month.

    My experience with Sprint -- along with quite a few people I know -- has been downright excellent in the cust. service department.

    Case in point:
    When I first became a Sprint customer, I was just cleaning up my life from an AWFUL drug habit. I had been eating painkillers for about 4 years (or more if you count the off & on time, but 4 years straight the last time)...and had ruined my self in credit debt...dang near lost everything I had (except home, which luckily I was smart enough to keep it paid for and not mortgage it ever again!!). I'm the only person I know that at age 25, I had a paid for home..no rent, mortgage, nothing. Utilities. But I wasted SOOOO much money on this stupid pill habit I had that it's embarrassing to even think about!! At any rate, when I FINALLY decided I had enough and cleaned up (almost lost my wife and kids over it) I was way in debt.

    I decided to try and get a Sprint phone, because I had done prepaid, ruined my contract phone with T-mobile and got so far behind that I couldn't catch the bill up...and AT&T wouldn't even talk to me without a $500 deposit -- ha ha ..right!

    So, Sprint gave me the phone for free, no deposit, and I was spending money on bills instead of pills...so I kept it straight. Bill paid each month like normal people should do...
    For 2 years, I never had a hiccup..until I got laid off, then 3 months later my wife got laid off. Here we were with 3 kids and NO income at all. I dealt with unemployment, like the other Americans, as we were in the middle of the economic meltdown...this was around 2010...
    Had been loyal for 2 years with Sprint, never a late payment at all...but suddenly, the federal government couldn't decide if they wanted to extend unemployment benefits -- and they argued for TWO MONTHS over whether or not to give another 6 months of unemployment to people. We were steadily looking for a job, and just so happened that my wife and I had both tested for working with the states power company...and we both passed. But we were FAR from being employed, and still needed that unemployment. We went 2 months without any benefits at all...and I had to call Sprint and tell them that we couldn't pay our bill for 2.5 months. So in that time, obviously, I acquired 2.5 months of bill...which came out to about $600 bucks.
    Did Sprint cut me off, or get rude...???

    NO.
    Sprint totally handled it with professionalism..and I told them that I had been a very good customer, which they agreed with, and I told them I was sorry for the problem with paying the bill..but it really wasn't my fault. I even told them that I was willing to let them cut off my wife's phone and just keep my line for incoming calls only, I told them that I understood if they needed to suspend my phone for outgoing calls.
    They told me they didn't need to do that..it wasn't necessary. They said I had been a good customer for quite some time..and that they were going to help me in any way that they could. So they put my bill off for 2 months.
    When I finally got unemployment again, I got lump-sum all at once. So it was quite a bit...considering my wife and I both got back-pay. The VERY first thing I did was pay my Sprint bill. The very day that my unemployment went through (on a Wednesday), I paid half the total bill. Then two days later on Friday, I paid the remainder. I called Sprint back and told them.."hey, this is what I'm doing, I'm going to pay half of the total bill today, right now..and then I need to pay some other bills like power and buy food, but once I get done catching up, I'm going to pay the rest of what's due. I just need to make sure I have enough money to go around."

    They were excellent..never gave me the slightest problem. Never a suspension on my line..nothing.
    That's what I rate customer service on. NOT some survey by J.D. Power or some other company.
    Thanked by 2:
    blaze5 
  16. #91  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    I'm glad u kicked the pillz and back on track man real talk blessings but yeah I had similar experience I had lost my job too but sprint kept my line on and only charged me half of what it was supposed too because they understood what I was going through ATT WOULDNT do that VERIZON DAMN SURE ARENT DOING THAT lol they don't care what u going through they want they cash

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I'm glad u kicked the pillz and back on track man real talk blessings but yeah I had similar experience I had lost my job too but sprint kept my line on and only charged me half of what it was supposed too because they understood what I was going through ATT WOULDNT do that VERIZON DAMN SURE ARENT DOING THAT lol they don't care what u going through they want they cash

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    If you had any common sense "which I don't believe you do" you would go back through your posts, especially this one and realize your posts are a joke. You are full of it!
  18. #93  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    No u a guy wit feminine ways dude I wasn't even talking to u clown hush lol

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    No u a guy wit feminine ways dude I wasn't even talking to u clown hush lol

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    From your obvious educational and grammar skills, you're not bright enough to realize you're talking to every member of AC, not just to the member your post is aimed at. Especially when posts are ridiculous, made up as you go, or just plain untrue.
    Who's the clown...
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    From your obvious educational and grammar skills, you're not bright enough to realize you're talking to every member of AC, not just to the member your post is aimed at. Especially when posts are ridiculous, made up as you go, or just plain untrue.
    Who's the clown...
    How do u know? Sprint cut us a break, they didn't decrease our bill, but they let us set up a payment plan until I went back to work , the cable company helped too. Decreased my bill from 90 to 65 when I lost my job. They would rather have some money from us than none. You shouldn't assume that someone's story is a lie just because it seems a little out of ordinary. I have had really good things happen to us because of the people we have met in the last couple of years at church. And maybe his grammar isn't the greatest, but I wonder Where He grew up, a lot of that is LEARNED by your peers, just like whether you are a jerk or treat someone like crap depends on Where you grew up, Who raised you and Who you learned things from. You have no idea a persons circumstances. People in north Carolina can't afford education, can't get there or don't care. When I was there 5 Yrs ago, I had to go to the courthouse and they asked me if I knew how to read!! And that question is asked to EVERYONE. Just because u MAY live in a good neighborhood and MAY HAVE gone to a good school, doesn't mean everyone else in the world gets to as Well. Not trying to be mean, but you have no right judging anyone.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    How do u know? Sprint cut us a break, they didn't decrease our bill, but they let us set up a payment plan until I went back to work , the cable company helped too. Decreased my bill from 90 to 65 when I lost my job. They would rather have some money from us than none. You shouldn't assume that someone's story is a lie just because it seems a little out of ordinary. I have had really good things happen to us because of the people we have met in the last couple of years at church. And maybe his grammar isn't the greatest, but I wonder Where He grew up, a lot of that is LEARNED by your peers, just like whether you are a jerk or treat someone like crap depends on Where you grew up, Who raised you and Who you learned things from. You have no idea a persons circumstances. People in north Carolina can't afford education, can't get there or don't care. When I was there 5 Yrs ago, I had to go to the courthouse and they asked me if I knew how to read!! And that question is asked to EVERYONE. Just because u MAY live in a good neighborhood and MAY HAVE gone to a good school, doesn't mean everyone else in the world gets to as Well. Not trying to be mean, but you have no right judging anyone.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    Has to do with the fact the others "VZW, At&t, tmobile " will help also if done appropriately. I believe he got help with his bill at sprint. He could have received the same treatment with any company dependent on attitude etc. The slam for education and grammar is for attitude and ignorant claims. It may have been uncalled for but neither is his nonsense.
    As far as your post I am happy for your experience with being helped and standing up for this guy. If you would have read carefully and maybe read into how this thread has gone, and understood some of the posts, maybe you could have avoided your post.
    I also take responsibility in the fact I should have stayed away from this thread. Just couldn't help it.
    PS. Education is there for everyone if you want it bad enough. No excuses! I lived by myself from 8th grade on and I finished college.
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Has to do with the fact the others "VZW, At&t, tmobile " will help also if done appropriately. I believe he got help with his bill at sprint. He could have received the same treatment with any company dependent on attitude etc. The slam for education and grammar is for attitude and ignorant claims. It may have been uncalled for but neither is his nonsense.
    As far as your post I am happy for your experience with being helped and standing up for this guy. If you would have read carefully and maybe read into how this thread has gone, and understood some of the posts, maybe you could have avoided your post.
    I also take responsibility in the fact I should have stayed away from this thread. Just couldn't help it.
    PS. Education is there for everyone if you want it bad enough. No excuses! I lived by myself from 8th grade on and I finished college.
    I beg to differ, go to north carolina or the back woods of Arkansas. I did go back a ways and read the thread and I don't know why you assumed I didn't. Still doesn't excuse you calling someone ignorant.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahmbo1 View Post
    I came from sprint to, not a month ago. But if you remember, all you sprint folks, every time sprint rolled out an OTA it was always fubar'd. So, yeah, they are getting JB on the SGS3, but how many updates will it take before it actually works. I remember the ICS update to the sgsII that all but made the phone completely unusable there for awhile. And the 2-3 updates there after still didn't fix anything but only added more junk and more bugs. My bluetooth went down the crapper with sprint's ICS and they never did fix it after all those bug updates. I'm digging ICS on the s3 for now as everything is working beautifully. I'll allow Verizon to drag their feet, maybe get the OTA right for the most part the first time, and enjoy my 4G and coverage.
    Im a sprint folk, just recently came to the s3 from a nexus s, never had an issue with an update. from gb 2.3.4 to 2.3.7 to 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 no probs with any of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by demos16 View Post
    I wish the updates were dictated strictly by Google and not by the carriers, but that's wishful thinking for sure
    ummm... the updates are dictated by google and not the carriers... google puts it out and then the manufacturers and carriers beat feet to try and make their bloatware work with the new release.. but google makes available the update on their servers... i downloaded 4.1.1 from a link to a google server last week for my sprint s3... and it works perfectly. just sayin. verizons converage may be better, but i rarely use cell service for data anyway... theres wifi EVERYWHERE i go, unless im camping.. then my phones off anyway. so in my case, sprints cell coverage is perfect everywhere i go and the 3g is "fast enough" for anything i want to do while im 'en route' to somewhere where theres secure wifi... oh, and im up to date on software lol but hey theres nothing wrong with having old software and fast data service baahahahahaa ok, thats enough inflamitory commentary from me.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    I beg to differ, go to north carolina or the back woods of Arkansas. I did go back a ways and read the thread and I don't know why you assumed I didn't. Still doesn't excuse you calling someone ignorant.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    I don't recall calling anyone ignorant. But I apologize if I did. Tell me he hasn't been ignorant toward other posters and his incorrect posts. That is all I was trying to touch on... Bad attitude.

    PS. If you have a nice smartphone use a dictionary. Lots of educational programs and apps. A bad attitude, a lack of knowledge, and a big mouth is a poor mix. If you condone it then you are no better than he is. Back to your favorite word" Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder". Get over it and lets drop it right here.
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

    Cm10

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where Sprint has 4G service (WiMax/LTE)
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Sprint
    Replies: 350
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 10:29 AM
  2. Where's our update AT&T?? Sprint has already sent one??
    By hayesb2 in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
  3. Sprint EVO 4G The first 30 day's review
    By docangle in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
  4. Sprint has Evo Accessories In
    By plmiller0905 in forum EVO Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
  5. Just ordered Sprint Hero, what's first!?
    By desantim in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:17 AM

Posting Permissions

B