Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow...that WiFi is almost as slow as the 3G. My WiFi runs around 26Mbps, and LTE is around 15Mbps. My Verizon plan runs me $82.00 a month with unlimited calls, unlimited text, and 4GB of data. I'm on WiFi 90% of the time, so I will be switching to 2 GB of data after this month, which will make it cheaper than Sprint...with LTE. I will never see $150.00 a month with Verizon, and I don't know where you get that number unless it's based off of an overage or some ridiculous plan you got talked into. Regardless of the answer, I couldn't care less. I'm merely stating facts. Kudos to you having Jelly Bean. My ICS works fantastic, so I have no pangs of jealousy coursing through my system. I'll also let everyone else guinea it first before I download it...

Naw that was my friends cricket hotspot I was on my Comcast WiFi is max around 24mb

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow...that WiFi is almost as slow as the 3G. My WiFi runs around 26Mbps, and LTE is around 15Mbps. My Verizon plan runs me $82.00 a month with unlimited calls, unlimited text, and 4GB of data. I'm on WiFi 90% of the time, so I will be switching to 2 GB of data after this month, which will make it cheaper than Sprint...with LTE. I will never see $150.00 a month with Verizon, and I don't know where you get that number unless it's based off of an overage or some ridiculous plan you got talked into. Regardless of the answer, I couldn't care less. I'm merely stating facts. Kudos to you having Jelly Bean. My ICS works fantastic, so I have no pangs of jealousy coursing through my system. I'll also let everyone else guinea it first before I download it...

And that's my point it was overages but not that much and that's not a made up number and I'm happy with my 3g speeds

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep...Once a particular LTE market gets saturated, the speeds are going to drop. I was saying that back when people were sitting fat and happy with 50-75Mbps just before the T-Bolt was released, but the mobile hotspots were out. Same thing will happen to Sprint. It's the nature of the beast on the LTE Frequency spectrum.

Sprint runs its towers and frequency totally different from vzw or art for that matter

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is supposedly bringing LTE to my market (San Francisco) in the coming months. I'm seriously considering dropping Verizon next year so long as Sprint keeps the unlimited data plans available to entice me. And with the new financial backing of Softbank, it seems like a safe bet to assume their LTE spectrum will develop as planned. And for all this talk about Verizon being a robust and reliable network, it's true I've always had clean, clear and fully connected conversations. But the other truth is my LTE reception and speeds are ALWAYS garbage in the evenings and that's obviously when I need it the most. Verizon LTE was 24x7 awesome last year but that started to change around June of this year. I think the Verizon network is too crowded and I'm probably going to help them make it less crowded.

edit:
And I don't know about your local stores, but my local Sprint store is like the "Temple of Android". I went in there to buy a spare battery charging system for my S3 because the Verizon store didn't carry them -- the Verizon sales rep said, "they don't make a spare battery charger for the S3". I laughed and walked out of there and next door to the Sprint store. I was surprised how much better of a setup they had and they don't mess around with all those junky, bloated, re-manufactured "DROID" phones...they take their phones like the manufacturer intended. Their emphasis on Android phones, tablets and accessories put Verizon to shame. I was impressed.

Ok sooo ask yourself this question in a year when sprint is all done with their LTE, it will then be as saturated in % #s to customers also so when it's time for more spectrum who do you want to rely on buying and rolling out that spectrum... Verizon or Sprint? Like I said before, I can hack a phone and take off the Verizon stuff but I can't work on cell towers...

And to add the Razr HD maxx(Droid) , I'd take over the Evo any day of the week sooo I don't think sprint wins in phones either... Not as of right now

Sent from my GS3....

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is running a lower frequency for their LTE...The lower the frequency, the better penetration...also less coverage distance-wise. If they are deploying the higher frequency spectrum they got at the old frequency auction, it has great distance, but can't handle saturation worth a darn. It sounds like you're just going to blindly defend all things Sprint, so, have a wonderful day.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
But u only got that HALF RIGHT right now its deployed at 1900 if I'm not mistaken but that's not what sprint is relying on its about to build 800 mhz too and add on soft bank and clear wire sprint is sitting pretty on spectrum wise and are doing a good job with nv despite all the haters lol

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
sadly the only way vzw would put out an update this soon is if they could make money on it

News release from Verizon Wireless corporate headquarters:
[For immediate release]

Verizon Wireless introduces fee-based priority software update.

Starting November 15, owners of Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone
will be able to download Android Jelly Bean software update. The roll out will
occur in three stages.

From 11/15 to 12/14, customers will see a notification on their phones prompting
them to connect to Wi-Fi and agree to a one-time $5 priority software update.
Customers who prefer not to pay the $5 fee will be able to download free of charge
starting 12/15.

This fee-based program will allow customers who prefer to try out new software
as early as possible.

About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network,
serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000
employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ)
and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD).

For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon
Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library
at Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library.

(the above is pure fiction, of course, but I personally don't mind paying the $5 if I can get
Jelly Bean on my SIII ahead of others)

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Any truth that the Jellybean Update will block FoxFi on your phone? That's what I've heard

It's not that it blocks it... It's that Foxfi development has been updated for JB.... Yea I still have the app but it's doesn't work with JB... But I downloaded another app and it's working with the built in option in the Paranoid Android Rom... (toggle)

Sent from my GS3....

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I came from sprint to, not a month ago. But if you remember, all you sprint folks, every time sprint rolled out an OTA it was always fubar'd. So, yeah, they are getting JB on the SGS3, but how many updates will it take before it actually works. I remember the ICS update to the sgsII that all but made the phone completely unusable there for awhile. And the 2-3 updates there after still didn't fix anything but only added more junk and more bugs. My bluetooth went down the crapper with sprint's ICS and they never did fix it after all those bug updates. I'm digging ICS on the s3 for now as everything is working beautifully. I'll allow Verizon to drag their feet, maybe get the OTA right for the most part the first time, and enjoy my 4G and coverage.

I've seen multiple issues. From the people throwing fits about it not being released. I bet they wish sprint had waited n gotten it right.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how many sprint users know they company was going under until they were recently bought lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

News release from Verizon Wireless corporate headquarters:
[For immediate release]

Verizon Wireless introduces fee-based priority software update.

Starting November 15, owners of Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone
will be able to download Android Jelly Bean software update. The roll out will
occur in three stages.

From 11/15 to 12/14, customers will see a notification on their phones prompting
them to connect to Wi-Fi and agree to a one-time $5 priority software update.
Customers who prefer not to pay the $5 fee will be able to download free of charge
starting 12/15.

This fee-based program will allow customers who prefer to try out new software
as early as possible.

About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network,
serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000
employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ)
and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD).

For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon
Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library
at Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library.

(the above is pure fiction, of course, but I personally don't mind paying the $5 if I can get
Jelly Bean on my SIII ahead of others)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha vzw charging for a update sprint and Google released for FREE hahahsha vzw cocky and money hungry as hell GLAD I lefy

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many sprint users know they company was going under until they were recently bought lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

FYI sprint was the LAST US CARRIER to be bought vzw att and tmo are owned by foreign companies also hahaha now u know and sprint could've said no and waited till nv took off completely but it needed the money and resources to but clear wire and possibly get spectrum from metro and speed up nv

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
U.S. Cellular, AT&T and Leap are wholly American owned.
This whole thread is a giant circlejerk by two different sides. Careful not to splash any of it on each other.