Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

Well, it can't be to much longer... Sprint has been pushing JB out ota. Of course they are now that I got rid of them to come over to Verizon ha. So hopefully we will see JB in the next week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G
    Thanked by:
    ItsMoo 

Default Re: Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

Unfortunately for us, Verizon always seems to be the last to the party. I wouldn't be surprised if we're still waiting a few months before we get it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

I left Sprint too...My Verizon plan, though it's not unlimited data is $6.00 a month more than Sprint after discounts, and has LTE. I'm happy. Let Sprint bask in the glory for a little bit.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

sadly the only way vzw would put out an update this soon is if they could make money on it
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

I'm glad I came to Verizon.. LTE is amazing. But it would be nice to see JB in the next week but I won't hold my breath.

I came from sprint to, not a month ago. But if you remember, all you sprint folks, every time sprint rolled out an OTA it was always fubar'd. So, yeah, they are getting JB on the SGS3, but how many updates will it take before it actually works. I remember the ICS update to the sgsII that all but made the phone completely unusable there for awhile. And the 2-3 updates there after still didn't fix anything but only added more junk and more bugs. My bluetooth went down the crapper with sprint's ICS and they never did fix it after all those bug updates. I'm digging ICS on the s3 for now as everything is working beautifully. I'll allow Verizon to drag their feet, maybe get the OTA right for the most part the first time, and enjoy my 4G and coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Verizon service. Nothing else comes close in terms of coverage and the support I've received when I've needed it has been great. It is however, frustrating when some other carriers seem to get the idea that their customer base wants these updates in a timely fashion. I wish the updates were dictated strictly by Google and not by the carriers, but that's wishful thinking for sure.

Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    geekymcfly likes this.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Let em have it first... Does it make LTE work everywhere?.. No?
    I was more than happy to lose over 500 bucks in EFTs because it really was totally worth leaving Sprint after a decade... No way I was gonna buy the "new 4G" phone and not be able to really use it...
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

I think its pretty sad for such a smaller company to beat out Verizon like this. Its shameful.
    achacon77 likes this.

I just checked I have an update what us it? Hmmmm

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

I doubt it.

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

I came from sprint to Verizon for the GS3. I'm ok though. Rocking stock JB with cm10.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Sahmbo1 View Post
    I came from sprint to, not a month ago. But if you remember, all you sprint folks, every time sprint rolled out an OTA it was always fubar'd. So, yeah, they are getting JB on the SGS3, but how many updates will it take before it actually works. I remember the ICS update to the sgsII that all but made the phone completely unusable there for awhile. And the 2-3 updates there after still didn't fix anything but only added more junk and more bugs. My bluetooth went down the crapper with sprint's ICS and they never did fix it after all those bug updates. I'm digging ICS on the s3 for now as everything is working beautifully. I'll allow Verizon to drag their feet, maybe get the OTA right for the most part the first time, and enjoy my 4G and coverage.
    Maybe u had a bad lemon but all the ICS versions fh18 13 worked flawlessly and furthermore sprint released jb for the ns4g and galaxy nexus first without any problems sooooo there goes yo logic haha happy waiting

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And I'm the opposite I left bs red for sprint and couldn't be happier. I live in Chicago which has lte and unlimited at that with no dropped calls and overages like with vzw and att

MERCDROID likes this.

Sprint updates phones first and networks last..... You pick!! I'll stay with the best network and update my phone myself.... I can hack a phone... I ain't climbing no towers to hack better service.... Lmao

Sent from my GS3....

Lol @ dude trying to say the JB for sprint is likely to be ed up. Naw youre wrong. Its working amazing. Reup this thread sometime next year and tell me what you think

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    I think its pretty sad for such a smaller company to beat out Verizon like this. Its shameful.
    It's easy to think that way... But... It's easier to turn an suv than it is a super stretch bus.... Or change brakes on a Honda Accord than a range Rover... Verizon has more checks and balances and way more people to worry about..... They just have their way of doing things and from the looks of it..... It's working.. So why change it..... Only people to blame is Samsung... They could do like Apple and service the phones themselves but... Do you want that as a consumer... I just think it's sooooo closed minded to look at one company(a not too successful one at that) and say they did it why aren't you.... The answer... We aren't them.... The phone works right? ...

I wanted JB so I went and got it... I'll be happy to flash an official version but... We knew vzw was gonna go at their own pace... Be it 1st or last...

Sent from my GS3....
    Thanked by:

Dup
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    Sprint updates phones first and networks last..... You pick!! I'll stay with the best network and update my phone myself.... I can hack a phone... I ain't climbing no towers to hack better service.... Lmao

Sent from my GS3....
    The best network with the best data caps and highest overage charges hahahaha

I would rather pay more for a phone that i can USE and not wait till I can find coverage. For the data caps oh well sprint just knows if they cut the unlimited plans they would just go bankrupt and be done for!

Am I the only one that doesn't really care about JellyBean?? I get its going to be better but you guys seem like your ready to **** your self like iOS fans after an iPhone announcement
    MERCDROID likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    I would rather pay more for a phone that i can USE and not wait till I can find coverage. For the data caps oh well sprint just knows if they cut the unlimited plans they would just go bankrupt and be done for!
    Plus it has enough spectrum unlike att that sprint can have unlimited for a LONG time plus network vision coming to a city near u

I've had JB on my GNex with Sprint for about a month, the update did nothing but improve the functionality and speed of the phone and I've had 4G coverage for the last week ... bad time to leave Sprint....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    It's easy to think that way... But... It's easier to turn an suv than it is a super stretch bus.... Or change brakes on a Honda Accord than a range Rover... Verizon has more checks and balances and way more people to worry about..... They just have their way of doing things and from the looks of it..... It's working.. So why change it..... Only people to blame is Samsung... They could do like Apple and service the phones themselves but... Do you want that as a consumer... I just think it's sooooo closed minded to look at one company(a not too successful one at that) and say they did it why aren't you.... The answer... We aren't them.... The phone works right? ...

I wanted JB so I went and got it... I'll be happy to flash an official version but... We knew vzw was gonna go at their own pace... Be it 1st or last...
    True you could look at it that way....or.....you can look at the larger company also has more people to do the work with than the smaller on. We all know they definitely have more money. I feel the pain every month when I pay them lol.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Hahaha see that's it RIGHT THERE lol when I was with vzw I felt robbed every month. With sprint I actually feel like I'm paying a good company for good service and its easier on my wallet.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast