Sprint has gotten Jellybean first

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, it can't be to much longer... Sprint has been pushing JB out ota. Of course they are now that I got rid of them to come over to Verizon ha. So hopefully we will see JB in the next week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately for us, Verizon always seems to be the last to the party. I wouldn't be surprised if we're still waiting a few months before we get it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I left Sprint too...My Verizon plan, though it's not unlimited data is $6.00 a month more than Sprint after discounts, and has LTE. I'm happy. Let Sprint bask in the glory for a little bit.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I came to Verizon.. LTE is amazing. But it would be nice to see JB in the next week but I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I came from sprint to, not a month ago. But if you remember, all you sprint folks, every time sprint rolled out an OTA it was always fubar'd. So, yeah, they are getting JB on the SGS3, but how many updates will it take before it actually works. I remember the ICS update to the sgsII that all but made the phone completely unusable there for awhile. And the 2-3 updates there after still didn't fix anything but only added more junk and more bugs. My bluetooth went down the crapper with sprint's ICS and they never did fix it after all those bug updates. I'm digging ICS on the s3 for now as everything is working beautifully. I'll allow Verizon to drag their feet, maybe get the OTA right for the most part the first time, and enjoy my 4G and coverage.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love my Verizon service. Nothing else comes close in terms of coverage and the support I've received when I've needed it has been great. It is however, frustrating when some other carriers seem to get the idea that their customer base wants these updates in a timely fashion. I wish the updates were dictated strictly by Google and not by the carriers, but that's wishful thinking for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Let em have it first... Does it make LTE work everywhere?.. No?
I was more than happy to lose over 500 bucks in EFTs because it really was totally worth leaving Sprint after a decade... No way I was gonna buy the "new 4G" phone and not be able to really use it...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I came from sprint to, not a month ago. But if you remember, all you sprint folks, every time sprint rolled out an OTA it was always fubar'd. So, yeah, they are getting JB on the SGS3, but how many updates will it take before it actually works. I remember the ICS update to the sgsII that all but made the phone completely unusable there for awhile. And the 2-3 updates there after still didn't fix anything but only added more junk and more bugs. My bluetooth went down the crapper with sprint's ICS and they never did fix it after all those bug updates. I'm digging ICS on the s3 for now as everything is working beautifully. I'll allow Verizon to drag their feet, maybe get the OTA right for the most part the first time, and enjoy my 4G and coverage.

Maybe u had a bad lemon but all the ICS versions fh18 13 worked flawlessly and furthermore sprint released jb for the ns4g and galaxy nexus first without any problems sooooo there goes yo logic haha happy waiting

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And I'm the opposite I left bs red for sprint and couldn't be happier. I live in Chicago which has lte and unlimited at that with no dropped calls and overages like with vzw and att

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint updates phones first and networks last..... You pick!! I'll stay with the best network and update my phone myself.... I can hack a phone... I ain't climbing no towers to hack better service.... Lmao

Sent from my GS3....

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Lol @ dude trying to say the JB for sprint is likely to be ed up. Naw youre wrong. Its working amazing. Reup this thread sometime next year and tell me what you think

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I think its pretty sad for such a smaller company to beat out Verizon like this. Its shameful.

It's easy to think that way... But... It's easier to turn an suv than it is a super stretch bus.... Or change brakes on a Honda Accord than a range Rover... Verizon has more checks and balances and way more people to worry about..... They just have their way of doing things and from the looks of it..... It's working.. So why change it..... Only people to blame is Samsung... They could do like Apple and service the phones themselves but... Do you want that as a consumer... I just think it's sooooo closed minded to look at one company(a not too successful one at that) and say they did it why aren't you.... The answer... We aren't them.... The phone works right? ...

I wanted JB so I went and got it... I'll be happy to flash an official version but... We knew vzw was gonna go at their own pace... Be it 1st or last...

Sent from my GS3....

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sprint updates phones first and networks last..... You pick!! I'll stay with the best network and update my phone myself.... I can hack a phone... I ain't climbing no towers to hack better service.... Lmao

Sent from my GS3....

The best network with the best data caps and highest overage charges hahahaha

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I would rather pay more for a phone that i can USE and not wait till I can find coverage. For the data caps oh well sprint just knows if they cut the unlimited plans they would just go bankrupt and be done for!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2