1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Copy/Paste Finally working?

Is anybody seeing that copy/paste is finally working after these two last verizon updates (I am not rooted). I can't believe the most popular phone in the world still does not have copy/paste working. It crashes my Chrome everytime I try to use it, and the chrome people say that it is a samsung thing.

Default Re: Copy/Paste Finally working?

I've seen this often on these forums and never really paid attention. Is copy/paste not working on certain people's phones? Mines always worked from day1.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

This actually worked for me .. I did it from a text field in the message app
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post2225180

Of course there is always the root method as well..
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Your not alone... Copy and paste never worked on mine either(not rooted). Crashes chrome every time and in any other app does nothing. Getting really annoying actually. I hope the JB update somehow fixes this issue that some of seem to be experiencing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Galaxy S3 Running CleanROM 5.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    I've seen this often on these forums and never really paid attention. Is copy/paste not working on certain people's phones? Mines always worked from day1.
    Something in the clipboard becomes corrupt, and copy/paste not only ceases to work but also force closes the app you're working in. There are two solutions, a factory data reset being the only option for non rooted users. Rooted users can opt instead to clear the clipboard and wipe and restart the culprit (TestServices).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ing-issue.html

I strongly recommend that anyone affected check out this tread on the Samsung forum and provide more details so that the engineers can roll out a fix. It is ridiculous that this critical bug hasn't been corrected in the 6+ months it's been known about:

I just factory reset my phone copy/paste started work

Copy and paste is now working for me with the jelly bean update. I'm not rooted. So happy to have this feature back!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Check out the forum on samsung.com. Nothing works as a permanent fix. Work-arounds are only temporary. This issue has drug on sice July with no fix or ETA for a fix. Maybe a class action lawsuit will get some attention.?.