Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I live in Long Island, New York and am starting to get spotty reception. I already had a "No SIM card found" notice pop up when trying to make a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
D.C Metro area...no problems yet. At this point, I think Long island is too far off from Sandy to have experienced any issues relating to the storm.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
D.C Metro area...no problems yet. At this point, I think Long island is too far off from Sandy to have experienced any issues relating to the storm.

Man I hope dc/md doesn't get affected so much by sandy. I'm moving there in 2 weeks and my wife, son and unborn are already there. Sucks

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Man I hope dc/md doesn't get affected so much by sandy. I'm moving there in 2 weeks and my wife, son and unborn are already there. Sucks

I'm sure we'll be fine. It'll be an annoyance, but that's about it. As long as your wife doesn't go driving through the storm, no worries.

We did have some cell issues with the derecho that came through a couple months ago. Well that and some extensive power issues. It's not hot now like it was then.

I actually woke up after the derecho and didn't realize that anything was wrong till I tried to make a cell call. When I drove out, a lot of the traffic lights were out. Most folks I knew had their power down and didn't get it back for a day or two.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure we'll be fine. It'll be an annoyance, but that's about it. As long as your wife doesn't go driving through the storm, no worries.

We did have some cell issues with the derecho that came through a couple months ago. Well that and some extensive power issues. It's not hot now like it was then.

I actually woke up after the derecho and didn't realize that anything was wrong till I tried to make a cell call. When I drove out, a lot of the traffic lights were out. Most folks I knew had their power down and didn't get it back for a day or two.

Yeah I hope so. Just don't to be ignorant with the hands of nature at play.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I live in Long Island, New York and am starting to get spotty reception. I already had a "No SIM card found" notice pop up when trying to make a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?

South Shore of Long Island here, and I have been on my phone emailing, testing, and calling all day without an issue. Never used the phone as much as I have today in fact. Not one issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like somebody needs to do a battery pull...im in central jersey and no issues.....yet

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a dick I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
also remember stock up on batteries flash lights get a car charger if you have a car you mite be living on it for a while if the authorities recommend evacuation get the hell out mite save your life I can't tell you how many times i'very seen whole trees uprooted and on peoples homes or e end tree branches in windows that sort of thing keep in mind you may loose cell service for a week or more as well as power

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a dick I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

U south people think were still in the civil war and are seperated from the union......

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

The "category" of a hurricane refers only to wind speed. Yes, I'm very thankful that this storm will make landfall at a cat 1 or less, but there are a LOT of other destructive factors. This storm is large and colliding with other weather systems, and bringing one of the largest storm surges the east coast has ever seen. In no way am I suggesting this is going to be worse than Katrina or even Rita was for gulf folks, but that doesn't diminish the seriousness of the destruction that a storm like this can bring. There is also the fact that this storm is going to impact a MUCH larger area, from the Carolinas to New England. I live right on the water in VA, in an area that has as recently as a year ago been underwater in storms of much smaller magnitude...believe me, I'm as prepared as I can be, there's no amount of preparation that you can do when mother nature decides to do her worst. I'm sure you understand that. This really shouldn't be a contest to determine who's storm is worse.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea you guys gonna get a giant pain in the a$$. I've just been through too many of them to know your lucky its a cat 1. I do feel for you guys. Just stock up on the basics get gas while you can. If your in a flood zone DO NOT STAY IN A BASEMENT!! Storm surges can instantally flood and drown you. Be careful if you think you have a tornato brace yourself these things have a nasty way of spinning them off. STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS in certain conditions a nail can go through a brick wall.just stay safe and prepare for the worst.

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It's the flooded subways, the closed brings and tunnels, the electricity being out for a week, the trees landing on houses - otherwise it could be almost fun.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
It's the flooded subways, the closed brings and tunnels, the electricity being out for a week, the trees landing on houses - otherwise it could be almost fun.

Lol they're fun to an extent but seriously people die

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol