Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    I live in Long Island, New York and am starting to get spotty reception. I already had a "No SIM card found" notice pop up when trying to make a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Harrisburg, PA here. No issues so far
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    No issues at all here in Central NJ.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    D.C Metro area...no problems yet. At this point, I think Long island is too far off from Sandy to have experienced any issues relating to the storm.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    D.C Metro area...no problems yet. At this point, I think Long island is too far off from Sandy to have experienced any issues relating to the storm.
    Man I hope dc/md doesn't get affected so much by sandy. I'm moving there in 2 weeks and my wife, son and unborn are already there. Sucks

    "all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by iCrank View Post
    Man I hope dc/md doesn't get affected so much by sandy. I'm moving there in 2 weeks and my wife, son and unborn are already there. Sucks
    I'm sure we'll be fine. It'll be an annoyance, but that's about it. As long as your wife doesn't go driving through the storm, no worries.

    We did have some cell issues with the derecho that came through a couple months ago. Well that and some extensive power issues. It's not hot now like it was then.

    I actually woke up after the derecho and didn't realize that anything was wrong till I tried to make a cell call. When I drove out, a lot of the traffic lights were out. Most folks I knew had their power down and didn't get it back for a day or two.
    geekymcfly likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    I'm sure we'll be fine. It'll be an annoyance, but that's about it. As long as your wife doesn't go driving through the storm, no worries.

    We did have some cell issues with the derecho that came through a couple months ago. Well that and some extensive power issues. It's not hot now like it was then.

    I actually woke up after the derecho and didn't realize that anything was wrong till I tried to make a cell call. When I drove out, a lot of the traffic lights were out. Most folks I knew had their power down and didn't get it back for a day or two.
    Yeah I hope so. Just don't to be ignorant with the hands of nature at play.


    "all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by dyastrab View Post
    I live in Long Island, New York and am starting to get spotty reception. I already had a "No SIM card found" notice pop up when trying to make a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?
    South Shore of Long Island here, and I have been on my phone emailing, testing, and calling all day without an issue. Never used the phone as much as I have today in fact. Not one issue.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Looks like somebody needs to do a battery pull...im in central jersey and no issues.....yet

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    luigi1285's Avatar

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    South Shore Li and I had it yesterday for a minute then I got service again

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a **** I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  12. #12  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    also remember stock up on batteries flash lights get a car charger if you have a car you mite be living on it for a while if the authorities recommend evacuation get the hell out mite save your life I can't tell you how many times i'very seen whole trees uprooted and on peoples homes or e end tree branches in windows that sort of thing keep in mind you may loose cell service for a week or more as well as power

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a **** I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    U south people think were still in the civil war and are seperated from the union......

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  
    Tarpit_Carnivore's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Monmouth county,NJ still having good reception.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a **** I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    The "category" of a hurricane refers only to wind speed. Yes, I'm very thankful that this storm will make landfall at a cat 1 or less, but there are a LOT of other destructive factors. This storm is large and colliding with other weather systems, and bringing one of the largest storm surges the east coast has ever seen. In no way am I suggesting this is going to be worse than Katrina or even Rita was for gulf folks, but that doesn't diminish the seriousness of the destruction that a storm like this can bring. There is also the fact that this storm is going to impact a MUCH larger area, from the Carolinas to New England. I live right on the water in VA, in an area that has as recently as a year ago been underwater in storms of much smaller magnitude...believe me, I'm as prepared as I can be, there's no amount of preparation that you can do when mother nature decides to do her worst. I'm sure you understand that. This really shouldn't be a contest to determine who's storm is worse.
    geekymcfly likes this.
  16. #16  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Yea you guys gonna get a giant pain in the a$$. I've just been through too many of them to know your lucky its a cat 1. I do feel for you guys. Just stock up on the basics get gas while you can. If your in a flood zone DO NOT STAY IN A BASEMENT!! Storm surges can instantally flood and drown you. Be careful if you think you have a tornato brace yourself these things have a nasty way of spinning them off. STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS in certain conditions a nail can go through a brick wall.just stay safe and prepare for the worst.
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    It's the flooded subways, the closed brings and tunnels, the electricity being out for a week, the trees landing on houses - otherwise it could be almost fun.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    titans30dude likes this.
  18. #18  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixMan View Post
    It's the flooded subways, the closed brings and tunnels, the electricity being out for a week, the trees landing on houses - otherwise it could be almost fun.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Lol they're fun to an extent but seriously people die


    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    No service since Monday morning.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Mine has been on and off seemed if I restarted it it fixed the problem.

    The amazing galaxy s3
  21. #21  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    You guys on? Seems new jersey got demolished

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    You guys on? Seems new jersey got demolished

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    Im on havent had power for 36 hours all around me is out of power for like 50 miles in every direction only verizon is up in my area all the others are down...and im in central nj i guess verizon is really the most reliable network...i just hope the diesal doesnt run out on the gens now

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Not really having any reception issues in North Jersey with the cell. Heard from two people on Iphones (4S) that are having issues on Long Island (AT&T and Verizon) but I think they lost some cell towers over there.

    no power though. Really getting a feel for how long the battery lasts. with 'regular' usage I seem to be able to get from 5pm quitting time at work until I get in the next morning. Which is good since it's also the alarm clock.
  24. #24  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by ajost95 View Post
    Im on havent had power for 36 hours all around me is out of power for like 50 miles in every direction only verizon is up in my area all the others are down...and im in central nj i guess verizon is really the most reliable network...i just hope the diesal doesnt run out on the gens now

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ik exactly how you feel man when Katrina hit I went without power for a week after Rita hit same thing then Gustav hit no power for 2 weeks then recently we got hit with Issac lost power for almost 5 days but yea hurricanes sucks balls bro

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  25. #25  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceetar View Post
    Not really having any reception issues in North Jersey with the cell. Heard from two people on Iphones (4S) that are having issues on Long Island (AT&T and Verizon) but I think they lost some cell towers over there.

    no power though. Really getting a feel for how long the battery lasts. with 'regular' usage I seem to be able to get from 5pm quitting time at work until I get in the next morning. Which is good since it's also the alarm clock.
    I had to do that as well sucked! Thank god for car chargers. I tried to tell you guys buy a car charger, and stock up on gas. I've been through too many storms to know. I hope you gnus stay safe.


    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 Wi-fi and cell reception. Any tips?
    By DSDCreations in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
  2. Galaxy S3 coming in April?
    By islandguy808 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 05:36 AM
  3. White Samsung Galaxy S3
    By ramonm2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 12:58 AM
  4. Galaxy S3 coming in April?
    By islandguy808 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:24 AM
  5. Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S3?
    By sblantipodi in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions