Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

I live in Long Island, New York and am starting to get spotty reception. I already had a "No SIM card found" notice pop up when trying to make a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

Harrisburg, PA here. No issues so far

No issues at all here in Central NJ.

D.C Metro area...no problems yet. At this point, I think Long island is too far off from Sandy to have experienced any issues relating to the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    D.C Metro area...no problems yet. At this point, I think Long island is too far off from Sandy to have experienced any issues relating to the storm.
    Man I hope dc/md doesn't get affected so much by sandy. I'm moving there in 2 weeks and my wife, son and unborn are already there. Sucks

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Quote Originally Posted by iCrank View Post
    Man I hope dc/md doesn't get affected so much by sandy. I'm moving there in 2 weeks and my wife, son and unborn are already there. Sucks
    I'm sure we'll be fine. It'll be an annoyance, but that's about it. As long as your wife doesn't go driving through the storm, no worries.

We did have some cell issues with the derecho that came through a couple months ago. Well that and some extensive power issues. It's not hot now like it was then.

I actually woke up after the derecho and didn't realize that anything was wrong till I tried to make a cell call. When I drove out, a lot of the traffic lights were out. Most folks I knew had their power down and didn't get it back for a day or two.
    geekymcfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    I'm sure we'll be fine. It'll be an annoyance, but that's about it. As long as your wife doesn't go driving through the storm, no worries.

We did have some cell issues with the derecho that came through a couple months ago. Well that and some extensive power issues. It's not hot now like it was then.

I actually woke up after the derecho and didn't realize that anything was wrong till I tried to make a cell call. When I drove out, a lot of the traffic lights were out. Most folks I knew had their power down and didn't get it back for a day or two.
    Yeah I hope so. Just don't to be ignorant with the hands of nature at play.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Quote Originally Posted by dyastrab View Post
    I live in Long Island, New York and am starting to get spotty reception. I already had a "No SIM card found" notice pop up when trying to make a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?
    South Shore of Long Island here, and I have been on my phone emailing, testing, and calling all day without an issue. Never used the phone as much as I have today in fact. Not one issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Looks like somebody needs to do a battery pull...im in central jersey and no issues.....yet

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

South Shore Li and I had it yesterday for a minute then I got service again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a **** I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

also remember stock up on batteries flash lights get a car charger if you have a car you mite be living on it for a while if the authorities recommend evacuation get the hell out mite save your life I can't tell you how many times i'very seen whole trees uprooted and on peoples homes or e end tree branches in windows that sort of thing keep in mind you may loose cell service for a week or more as well as power

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Eh its a cat 1 worst you gotta worry about is the winds breaking glass and potential flooding time for you northerners to see what we go through in the south almost every year sorry to sound like a **** I hope you guys are safe but seriously I get tired of you yanks saying stfu to us when we go through hurricanes Katrina Rita I survived them both but a cat 1 is a taist remember kiddies stock up on toiletries prepare to be without power for a week or more stock up on canned goods if your all electric get a camp stove to cook with don't go out in the storm under any cercumstances stock up on water you mite not have any just saying keep safe

U south people think were still in the civil war and are seperated from the union......

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Monmouth county,NJ still having good reception.

The "category" of a hurricane refers only to wind speed. Yes, I'm very thankful that this storm will make landfall at a cat 1 or less, but there are a LOT of other destructive factors. This storm is large and colliding with other weather systems, and bringing one of the largest storm surges the east coast has ever seen. In no way am I suggesting this is going to be worse than Katrina or even Rita was for gulf folks, but that doesn't diminish the seriousness of the destruction that a storm like this can bring. There is also the fact that this storm is going to impact a MUCH larger area, from the Carolinas to New England. I live right on the water in VA, in an area that has as recently as a year ago been underwater in storms of much smaller magnitude...believe me, I'm as prepared as I can be, there's no amount of preparation that you can do when mother nature decides to do her worst. I'm sure you understand that. This really shouldn't be a contest to determine who's storm is worse.
    geekymcfly likes this.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Yea you guys gonna get a giant pain in the a$$. I've just been through too many of them to know your lucky its a cat 1. I do feel for you guys. Just stock up on the basics get gas while you can. If your in a flood zone DO NOT STAY IN A BASEMENT!! Storm surges can instantally flood and drown you. Be careful if you think you have a tornato brace yourself these things have a nasty way of spinning them off. STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS in certain conditions a nail can go through a brick wall.just stay safe and prepare for the worst.
    Thanked by:

It's the flooded subways, the closed brings and tunnels, the electricity being out for a week, the trees landing on houses - otherwise it could be almost fun.

titans30dude likes this.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixMan View Post
    It's the flooded subways, the closed brings and tunnels, the electricity being out for a week, the trees landing on houses - otherwise it could be almost fun.

Lol they're fun to an extent but seriously people die

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

No service since Monday morning.

Mine has been on and off seemed if I restarted it it fixed the problem.

The amazing galaxy s3

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

You guys on? Seems new jersey got demolished

You guys on? Seems new jersey got demolished

Im on havent had power for 36 hours all around me is out of power for like 50 miles in every direction only verizon is up in my area all the others are down...and im in central nj i guess verizon is really the most reliable network...i just hope the diesal doesnt run out on the gens now

Not really having any reception issues in North Jersey with the cell. Heard from two people on Iphones (4S) that are having issues on Long Island (AT&T and Verizon) but I think they lost some cell towers over there.

no power though. Really getting a feel for how long the battery lasts. with 'regular' usage I seem to be able to get from 5pm quitting time at work until I get in the next morning. Which is good since it's also the alarm clock.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Quote Originally Posted by ajost95 View Post
    Im on havent had power for 36 hours all around me is out of power for like 50 miles in every direction only verizon is up in my area all the others are down...and im in central nj i guess verizon is really the most reliable network...i just hope the diesal doesnt run out on the gens now

ik exactly how you feel man when Katrina hit I went without power for a week after Rita hit same thing then Gustav hit no power for 2 weeks then recently we got hit with Issac lost power for almost 5 days but yea hurricanes sucks balls bro

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetar View Post
    Not really having any reception issues in North Jersey with the cell. Heard from two people on Iphones (4S) that are having issues on Long Island (AT&T and Verizon) but I think they lost some cell towers over there.

no power though. Really getting a feel for how long the battery lasts. with 'regular' usage I seem to be able to get from 5pm quitting time at work until I get in the next morning. Which is good since it's also the alarm clock.
    I had to do that as well sucked! Thank god for car chargers. I tried to tell you guys buy a car charger, and stock up on gas. I've been through too many storms to know. I hope you gnus stay safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast