Motorola smart actions for Samsung GS3??

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a Razr Maxx for a few months and after the battery life the smart actions was the best part of the phone. Anyone now if there is an app like it for this phone it would make this phone 10x in my mind.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I had a Razr Maxx for a few months and after the battery life the smart actions was the best part of the phone. Anyone now if there is an app like it for this phone it would make this phone 10x in my mind.

There's no Android phone out there that can come close to competing with the RAZR Maxx in battery life. I have no idea what "smart actions" are...perhaps you should elaborate since most on this forum have never owned that phone.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There's no Android phone out there that can come close to competing with the RAZR Maxx in battery life. I have no idea what "smart actions" are...perhaps you should elaborate since most on this forum have never owned that phone.

Smart Actions is a Motorola program that allows you to set "Rules" for your phones behavior. These rules are activated using "triggers" such as GPS location, time, or when charging. So for instance, I had my Maxx silence the ringer every work day during my shift hours. Then at night, it would silence for sleeping.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Then the answer to the op is Tasker. You have a bit of a learning curve but it does what you need it to do

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If those things are important to you, it is worth it. I am to lazy to get around to learning it. Sooner or later I will, but have not had a real need for it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
well it was easy on the maxx like if I left my house wifi would turn off and when I would get home it would turn on. I would also have it change my sound settings base on my gps like school or work sound off and when i leave it turns on. It was really simple and fast and really helpful so I didn't even had to think about anything on the phone. If you ask me Motorola should sell it to select phones for like $10 or so I would pay for it just because I know how easy it really it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread on Tasker over on XDA if i remember right, and they have premade tasks so the curve may not be as bad as I am making it out to be. i would rather steer you so you know what you are getting into instead of sugar coating it and having you end up with something useless. I know that tasker will do what you want, you just have to get there.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It may be expensive but doesn't Samsung do something like that with programmable NFC markers? I'm not sure what exact actions can be set using these markers but I thought they were cool and you can put these markers anywhere you want I believe. Definitely not a convenient as a built in app but could be useful I guess.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
And please ignore my sig. Verizon is sending me a GS3 to replace my 7th faulty Nexus the only phone I got to use in the meantime is my fianc?'s old iPhone 4S. Sorry for the off topic post

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

The one and only thing I miss about my Razr is smart actions.... I wish I could find one too.... Samsung should make their own..

Sent from my GS3....

skennelly

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I understand that, but if I dont like it then I will just get a refund before the time is up. Thanks for the links I will check them out.

Google tasker and find their website. They offer a 30 day free trial for the app. I think the stipulation is that you can't have previously downloaded from the play store.

Sent from my SCH-I535

skennelly

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, Armando Ferreira has 3 tasker tutorial videos on YouTube that helped me out. I'm sure there are tons of other video tutorials as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Smart actions was AWESOME! I pulled the app off my RAZR and installed it on my GS3. It would launch but it didn't work. The one thing I haven't seen on these third party ones are screen off triggers.

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I was using smart actions on my Droid Bionic (leaked ICS ROM) and I did not like it at all. It was too constrained....and only seems useful if your weekly routine doesn't get mixed up. For example, it was programmed to disable sync and go into silent mode at certain weeknight hours and this would clash with random weeknights when I stayed out late and I needed my phone loud and syncing. It's kind of a blur now, but I remember disabling the various smart actions one by one as I discovered they were active during times I didn't want them active. Maybe they've refined it since then, but I wasn't impressed. I prefer Samsung's method with all that stuff being at the top of the pull down menu so I can enable/disable settings as I please, when I please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam