- 11 Posts
Tethering for Gallaxy Siii
So I'm able to set up a Mobile Hotspot on my S3 through the Verizon app, my laptop is able to see the network and hook into it but it always hangs up on "aquiring network address" then times out. Throughout this process the only thing that didbt seem right was "portable hotspot" never showed up under Settings/Tethering. I thought we didn't have to pay to have a hotspot on Verizon anymore because they got in trouble with the FCC, I guess I'm not sure why I'm not abke to get hooked in. Any ideas? Thanks!
- 10-29-2012, 02:51 PM #2
- 10-29-2012, 04:24 PM #3
- 10-29-2012, 06:40 PM #4
- 11-06-2012, 07:52 PM #5
- 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM #6
Re: Tethering for Gallaxy Siii
First, you need to be on a Share Everything plan with Verizon for hotspot to be included. If you are still on an older plan, hotspot costs extra. Second, for allowed devices, you either need to enter the mac address of the laptop into the allowed devices section of the hotspot app, or just set to allow all devices. Also should set up wpa2 security on the hotspot and enter the pw on the laptop to connect.
- By theguy386 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 14Last Post: 10-21-2010, 03:25 PM
- By mrdavis55 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
- By evilhunter101 in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
- By DoubleA319 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
- By repairit in forum T-Mobile myTouch 3GReplies: 1Last Post: 04-21-2010, 01:11 PM