Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default SD Card Mounting and dis mounting "SD Card stopped un expectedly" Is there a fix?

Do I need a new handset? I tried three different SD cards a PNY 32GB class 4 a Generic 32 GB class 10 and a SanDisc 32GB class 2. The class 2 card works fine the other two I get the message all the time. The Kid at Micro Center says he has the Generic one I have in his S3 and has no problems at all with error messages whats up with this? I see a ton of complaints if I do a Googlre search on this issue? Who is at fault? Yes all cards were properly formatted in the phone. Im getting ready to dump this thing.

Default Re: SD Card Mounting and dis mounting "SD Card stopped un expectedly" Is there a fix?

I went with The Big Kahuna (SanDisk 64GB UHS 1) and haven't had any problems. All 3 of those cards should work with no issues, but - do you have access to any other cards that you can try? Perhaps go to Costco and plunk down $10 on a SanDisk Class 10 card and see what happens - it's cheaper than replacing the phone, particularly since you may get a refurbished unit with someone else's problems.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: SD Card Mounting and dis mounting "SD Card stopped un expectedly" Is there a fix?

What format are they in?
    Fat32 seems to be the format to go with when it comes to higher capacity cards, which ive always done through a computer.