Which phone should I get...

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having a hard time deciding between the nexus and s3. I like the thought of pure Android, and no bloat. But I also don't plan on rooting..so is it really worth it? The s3 is getting some love from lifeproof and seidio with good cases. Opinions and thoughts greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from the GS3 to the Razr Maxx HD. If you don't care about rooting the Maxx HD is really nice, awesome battery life and the UI is very close to native Android.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you are looking for. The nexus is going to be an awesome phone there are some differences. S3 has lte, micro sd slot, removable battery, dual core. Nexus is pure android, ips display, non removable battery and no sd slot, quad core! Hspa+42 not lte.

S3 is a great phone and you won't regret getting it. But if you want the latest and greatest go for the nexus. Also depends on your network. If you can use the nexus or not on your current service. For me as I'm with verizon its not an option yet...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was tempted to do that but what changes my mind was the 4.3" usable screen. I know, Moto boasts a 4.7 screen. Funny though, the buttons take up so much space at the bottom of the screen u are reduced to 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I rooted and unlocked the S3 then loaded Cyanogen 10M2. Cyn10 is very stable and in my opinion is superior to the Nexus. But you kind step off the reservation when you root, unlock and re-rom the S3. Plus, you want to keep up with the monthly's of Cm10 to stay current (I.e., you can't use verizon or samsung ota's).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt