print from S3. why only Samsung?

tritontr21

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would they do this? Is there any other way besides apps that you have to open and then find the file And then print.

I am not a troll, I recently dropped aTT and apple and went S3. I could print to any printer on a local network with the Last two models. This is really the first restricted function that is apple'ish. Please tell me I'm missing something? Sky has been the limit on this phone up until this Little hiccup.

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this helps, but I have the HP ePrint app installed and it shows up in the share menu for many apps to send something straight to the printer.

tritontr21

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I got it. But gmail doesn't have that option and the native mail app only works on Samsung. Who the hell owns a Samsung printer? Lame. This is an apple like feature. Wonder if 4.2 changes that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I got it. But gmail doesn't have that option and the native mail app only works on Samsung. Who the hell owns a Samsung printer? Lame. This is an apple like feature. Wonder if 4.2 changes that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
You can also print your emails if you have the aforementioned HP printer using ePrint.

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I use Printershare. Whatever you are in you hit menu and share and select Printershare. Uses wifi and bluetooth printers.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice to use printershare. I've been trying to use google cloud print without much success. It works, but it's limited in what apps you can access the service from. I'm surprised Gmail isn't linked to google cloud print.

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not under the menu button but if long press on the email the share shows up at the top of the screen. From there you can use printershare.

I have printershare and you CANNOT long press in the native email app unfortunately. You have to give permission to the printershare app to access your email, which is a huge pain. So I'm scrolling along reading my email and I want to print something quick, and I can't... I have to go out of the app, and into printershare, then go into my email, find that email and print it from there. A HUGE pain. Usually I accuse Apple of being proprietary and controlling... I'm sorry, but this time Samsung blows! I am such a huge supporter of theirs, until now. To only allow users to print on a samsung printer is extremely proprietary, and actually opens them up for a lawsuit (similar to Windows requiring us to purchase a computer bundled with Microsoft Office).

snjbear

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I am 100% with you. You took the words out of my mouth. Sure gmail is included in print options...but what about yahoo or aol. Seriously. The only beef I have to the worlds greatest phone.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6 year old HP printer plugged into my router...I just downloaded and setup PrinterShare in less than a minute, that was crazy easy and helpful, thanks everyone!

jdmcconnell

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Simply long press on the body of the email in the gmail app and then click on the select all button at the top of the page. You will now have a share button and can send to printer.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon