1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Exclamation Syncing itunes music but want to lower bitrate first!?!?!

Hey guys. First of all I'm new to android phones. Came from an iphone and gotta say i'm pretty pleased with my new device. However I am trying to transition over and I gotta say it's not that easy.

First of all how do I even get my itunes library onto my phone?

and second of all. I have 14 gigs of music and my phones capacity is 16. So how can I lower the bitrate of the songs first before syncing? On the iphone theres a button you can check to compress the songs to 128 AAC.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Syncing itunes music but want to lower bitrate first!?!?!

Welcome to Android Central!

OK i am not all that great with iTunes, but I read enough. if you just want to sync, I would say that you could use an app called Doubletwist. it will sync Android and iTunes.

Honestly what I would do is cut the cord from iTunes. Download your music, convert it to any format you want. There are several free ones out there that will do the trick. Next I would say you have a few options. You can upload it all to Google Music and then stream it all from the Music app, or since you have the SGS3 you can put a 16, 32 or 64 GB SDcard in there and run all your music off of there. You are out of the closed apple system now, there are other options.

If you need more help or other questions, feel free to ask away....

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Welcome!

The easiest method I found was to download googles music upload application for the mac/pc. It gives you the option to import all the music you have on itunes, other folders on your computer and even playlists! you literally download it, sign into your gmail axcount (the same one you use on your google phone for the app store and gmail) set what music you want to import, and it syncs it to cloud.

Go into settings-accounts-sync-(your gmail account)- and click the "google music option" to sync your google music to your phone

Now all you need to do is go to the google music app that is pre installed on phone and pick and choose what music (you can choose all of it) you want on your phone!

press the menu key, then choose "choose on device music" then "pin" what artists/playlists/albums you want stored on your phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

I use Poweramp...I just go into my documents/music/itunes, then drag and drop all that crap straight to the phone. Poweramp will play it. I also download all my amazon and google stuff directly to the physical device instead of trying to play it through the cloud. Poweramp will find it.

I use J. River Media Center as my local music management software (think iTunes but much more capable.)

It has provisions for syncing devices or removable drives and you can configure it to automatically convert formats that the external device won't handle, or to increase the compression for smaller files sizes, during transfer.

That said, the software has a lot of options and capabilities that can make it seem very overwhelming if you are more used to the basic capabilities of iTunes. Just do some investigation before buying the program.

-Suntan

I use Easy Phone Sync. All you have to do is download it to your computer and download the app on your phone. The free version only allows one playlist, full allows as many as you like It seems to work well for me and all my music is the way I want it.

I'm with piizzadude, except that in addition to DoubleTwist, which you download on your computer, I add Air Sync to the phone (it's a paid app in Play Store but well worth it for the ease of syncing my iTunes) which lets me wirelessly sync iTunes to as many devices I want, all from any computer with the (free) DoubleTwist program. It downloads audios and videos, it you want it to. You choose what you want.