Hi everyone, new GS3 user here.
Seems that everytime someone send me a picture via text, I get it as an MMS, and doesnt allow me to open the picture up without having to save it first, which I would prefer not to do over and over again. How can I get them to be able to just open up and view without having to save them or recieve them as MMS's.
UPDATE: this seems to happen when a pic with text is sent.
Under my old droid x, i could just hold the picture, then i would get the view option, which would open the picture up and i could zoom in and out. Would like it to be this simple.
Last edited by ponch301; 11-01-2012 at 10:01 AM.
- 11-01-2012, 02:34 PM #2
Re: Text Pictures
Yeah, it's a pain in the ****, but I think it's embedded in the system like that. I came from a Droid X, as well, and loved how it handled mms pictures. So now I just politely ask friends sending me picture messages to send their text caption separately.
Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2
- 11-02-2012, 02:41 AM #3
- 3,063 Posts
Re: Text Pictures
This is a 'feature' or a 'bug', depending on your viewpoint. It's supposed to be fixed in an upcoming update (perhaps before Jelly Bean; perhaps with Jelly Bean). Some of the other carriers have already pushed an update that includes this, but as usual Verizon is late to the party.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
- 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM #5
- 11-07-2012, 01:19 PM #6
- By Vance in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
- By fetterjohn in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
- By RickzSII in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
- By rwrogers11 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM
- By TehSuk in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 23Last Post: 10-15-2010, 01:30 AM