Text Pictures

ponch301

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, new GS3 user here.
Seems that everytime someone send me a picture via text, I get it as an MMS, and doesnt allow me to open the picture up without having to save it first, which I would prefer not to do over and over again. How can I get them to be able to just open up and view without having to save them or recieve them as MMS's.
UPDATE: this seems to happen when a pic with text is sent.

Under my old droid x, i could just hold the picture, then i would get the view option, which would open the picture up and i could zoom in and out. Would like it to be this simple.

Last edited:

Seiyajin

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a pain in the butt, but I think it's embedded in the system like that. I came from a Droid X, as well, and loved how it handled mms pictures. So now I just politely ask friends sending me picture messages to send their text caption separately. :D

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This is a 'feature' or a 'bug', depending on your viewpoint. It's supposed to be fixed in an upcoming update (perhaps before Jelly Bean; perhaps with Jelly Bean). Some of the other carriers have already pushed an update that includes this, but as usual Verizon is late to the party.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

sloppygti

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
so this feature is going to be disabled with another update ? that would be nice cause im tired of getting pictures that act like video just cause there is text involved ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084