S3 (us version) or htc one x +

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
is the quadcore 1.7ghz processor of the one x + that much better than the s3's dualcore 1.5 ghz (us version) but with 2gb ram? trying to decide if i should wait for the htc or go with s3. though one very bad thing about the htc is non removable battery and it's only 2100mah. but they keep saying the processor is quite efficient with battery so...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's the phone I was waiting for, but for some idiotic reason either HTC or Verizon (or both) decided not to make it available prior to Verizon putting the lock-down on their unlimited data plan. So I went with the SGSIII, since at the time it appeared to be the best phone available.
Anyway, I think that'll be a great phone, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the whole '2100 maH will be more than enough' story. I don't care how efficient the CPU is, that's not really the major consumer of power in these devices - mobile data/WiFi; screen; background applications - those are what bring any phone (except the RAZR Maxx and derivatives) to its knees. Too bad HTC didn't learn the lesson that Motorola was teaching - cram as much battery as possible in so that your users REALLY get a full day of use, no matter what they are doing.

[Rant off]

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
That's the phone I was waiting for, but for some idiotic reason either HTC or Verizon (or both) decided not to make it available prior to Verizon putting the lock-down on their unlimited data plan. So I went with the SGSIII, since at the time it appeared to be the best phone available.
Anyway, I think that'll be a great phone, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the whole '2100 maH will be more than enough' story. I don't care how efficient the CPU is, that's not really the major consumer of power in these devices - mobile data/WiFi; screen; background applications - those are what bring any phone (except the RAZR Maxx and derivatives) to its knees. Too bad HTC didn't learn the lesson that Motorola was teaching - cram as much battery as possible in so that your users REALLY get a full day of use, no matter what they are doing.

[Rant off]

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

i know right? i am not sure why other manufacturers aren't doing what motorola is doing. they can't say it's not possible to put a longer life battery in a small phone because clearly it is, but they keep insisting on putting paltry (yes even 2100 mah) batteries in such power hungry devices with huge screens.

i'm still leaning towards the s3 because of the battery. if only maxx hd had a better camera i would be all over it. i hope they fix that for next year's model.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been an HTC fan for years. I've had Samsung devices in the past that made me really dislike Samsung. But, I grew tired of waiting for a One X device on Verizon. Plus a coworker on ATT got a One X, based on my recommendation. About two weeks later, he was finding that he was lucky to get 4 hours of battery. ATT swapped out phones for him (no battery replacement there). Another week or so, and the replacement was still the same. We would sit at work and try to figure why the battery was plummeting straight toward zero. He had to carry a charger with him. Back to ATT it went, and he got the SIII. No issues with it, and the battery life is fine (could be better, but it is fine). So I got an SIII on Verizon. The really poor battery life he was getting on the HTX One X, even made my old HTC Thunderbolt look good. Now that is bad.
HTC needs to concentrate on better battery life. It is a shame too, because the phone is really nice overall other then that. The display was really good. My current thinking is, if anyone is going to have a non-removeable battery, it had better give me well over 24 hours of run time.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You also have to take into account that HTC has really dropped the ball when it comes to updates. So if you don't want to be the last one to get the latest update which is already out of date I would stay clear of HTC. I have had nothing but HTC phones ever since I have jumped on the smartphone band waggon and have grown tired of their open promises of xxxx phone will get said update by xx date and drop the ball then never mention again if the phone will or will not get said update. Also when they do send out updates it seems to bork every HTC phone I have ever had. So I have totally lost confidence in HTC and will never buy another product of theirs. I just ordered a Galaxy S3 (32gig) my self and will be getting it tomorrow and will me relived I won't have to use my HTC Thunderbolt ever again. Also my wife has the Gs3 and she totally loves it and gets roughly a day and half of semi heavy use before she has to find a Charger. You won't regret getting a Gs3. Just my two cents........

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

tenerlin1

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The quadcore of the international version of the S3 isn't significantly faster than the dual core we have. That said, the S3 is the best phone I've owned, including several HTC phones. They were good, but the S3 will be on the cutting edge for a long time. It is infinitely ROM'able, and dev's will have it in their radar forever. Can't say that about the HTC phones. Sad, b/c HTC builds a good product...but they just leave out things I want...like removable batteries, sd card options....I love my S3.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The quadcore of the international version of the S3 isn't significantly faster than the dual core we have. That said, the S3 is the best phone I've owned, including several HTC phones. They were good, but the S3 will be on the cutting edge for a long time. It is infinitely ROM'able, and dev's will have it in their radar forever. Can't say that about the HTC phones. Sad, b/c HTC builds a good product...but they just leave out things I want...like removable batteries, sd card options....I love my S3.

I second this thought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma