Pandora stops after each song

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Since the last incremental update from VZ, I've been unable to get my device to play Pandora continuously. After every song, it stops as if it can't load the next one until I unlock my screen and view the app. Anyone else having this? I've tried clearing cache, app data, uninstalled, and even did a battery pull. Seems something came with the update...

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens to me but with the tinyshark music app...started happening after thw last update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is this happening only on WiFi or also on mobile data? If WiFi, then be sure to look in Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced and be sure that Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is this happening only on WiFi or also on mobile data? If WiFi, then be sure to look in Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced and be sure that Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Its happening on both for me

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I would start with uninstalling then re-installing the app. Maybe something got corrupted during the update. My Pandora is working just fine so it's not affecting everyone.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Since the last incremental update from VZ, I've been unable to get my device to play Pandora continuously. After every song, it stops as if it can't load the next one until I unlock my screen and view the app. Anyone else having this? I've tried clearing cache, app data, uninstalled, and even did a battery pull. Seems something came with the update...

Me too. It also can't handle coming back from ads. Pandora has turned to junk for me.

Ameliarora

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
In my case, even after fixing the phone settings, I still had the problem with Pandora. Then I figured out that it was caused by a battery saver program that I downloaded shutting off the wifi every time my phone went into sleep. I deleted the program and no longer have issues with Pandora.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your background data settings allow the phone to continue data after the screen turns off. If not then the data connection will stop when the screen is off and the songs will stop.

Under data management in the settings menu. Fixed the problem completely for my friend with her droid razr was doing the same thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

solemnservant

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say thank you for the suggestion. Some how my background data for pandora was set to restricted (probably a dumb mistake fiddling with my phone). I thought my bluetooth connection in my car was having problems. I appreciate the post!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

This should help a lot with the issue. Also make sure you allow background data. If the data shuts off when your screen does it won't keep the app running and your music won't stream.

Trying those should keep the music flowing! 😁

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Salvatore Lagudi

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
In my case, even after fixing the phone settings, I still had the problem with Pandora. Then I figured out that it was caused by a battery saver program that I downloaded shutting off the wifi every time my phone went into sleep. I deleted the program and no longer have issues with Pandora.

Had this issue for IHradio, Pandora, spotify...you name it, I Uninstalled my Avast battery saver and no more issues!!!!!

Thanks!!!

sbsb5267

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same problem although I pay for membership. Can any one help me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc