1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom

Default Pandora stops after each song

Since the last incremental update from VZ, I've been unable to get my device to play Pandora continuously. After every song, it stops as if it can't load the next one until I unlock my screen and view the app. Anyone else having this? I've tried clearing cache, app data, uninstalled, and even did a battery pull. Seems something came with the update...
    Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO > Evo 3D > Samsung GSIII on VZW

Default Re: Pandora stops after each song

Same thing happens to me but with the tinyshark music app...started happening after thw last update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Is this happening only on WiFi or also on mobile data? If WiFi, then be sure to look in Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced and be sure that Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Is this happening only on WiFi or also on mobile data? If WiFi, then be sure to look in Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced and be sure that Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Its happening on both for me

I would start with uninstalling then re-installing the app. Maybe something got corrupted during the update. My Pandora is working just fine so it's not affecting everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfire8 View Post
    Since the last incremental update from VZ, I've been unable to get my device to play Pandora continuously. After every song, it stops as if it can't load the next one until I unlock my screen and view the app. Anyone else having this? I've tried clearing cache, app data, uninstalled, and even did a battery pull. Seems something came with the update...
    Me too. It also can't handle coming back from ads. Pandora has turned to junk for me.

In my case, even after fixing the phone settings, I still had the problem with Pandora. Then I figured out that it was caused by a battery saver program that I downloaded shutting off the wifi every time my phone went into sleep. I deleted the program and no longer have issues with Pandora.

Make sure your background data settings allow the phone to continue data after the screen turns off. If not then the data connection will stop when the screen is off and the songs will stop.

Under data management in the settings menu. Fixed the problem completely for my friend with her droid razr was doing the same thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

I know this is an old thread, but I was having the same issue - my problem was the JuiceDefender app, but there was a solution here: - scroll down to the section entitled "How to listen to streaming music services uninterruptedly"