charged VZW S3 for the first time... the battery was so hot that it slightly burned my palm.... is t

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Galaxy S3. I have a lot of other Samsung phones, including VZW Galaxy Nexus,
GSM-version Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S, Droid Charge, etc etc....

Anyway, I charged my new VZW S3 for the very first time this morning. I picked it up to see how
far it has charged and it showed 73%. I instantly dropped the phone because the battery was so
hot that it slightly burned my palm.... (well, it's actually the plastic back cover that was hot.)

It's not that bad... kind of like touching a scalding hot coffee for a brief moment. I like things hot,
so I guess I'm more tolerant of hot stuff, but the phone was just way too hot. (example, I pick
up meats from a BBQ grill with my bare hands and eat it immediately) The charger is
the original charger that came inside the VZW S3's box,plugged into a regular wall outlet.

I unplugged the charger because i didn't want the phone to be damaged or anything.... just wondering
if this is normal? The phone was completely powered off during the charging process, if that makes
any difference.

Thanks for any info! :)

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It was 73%.
You say the phone was off.
It shows percentage with the phone off?

But no, that is not normal. If it still does that after a couple of charge cycles, take it back.

sloppygti

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
ive been through two S3 in 2 weeks due to a diffrent issue but both phones on their inital charge where hotter then normal .. after that when i charge the phone its normal tempature