1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unable to log off bank acct.

I was on my banks web site, after checking my accts. i log off. Later i was closing my open apps & my bank app was still open. I know i selected log off, i did this 3 time, still the acct. was open. The only way i could close it was by turning off my phone. I did not use my banks app to check my acct. i typed in the web address. That should not matter should it?

Default Re: unable to log off bank acct.

Try downloading Task Manager shortcut for GS3. it's similar to the stock one on the GS2. You will be able to completely close the web app.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

No need to download task manager, it's already there. Just hold down the home for a couple seconds and you will see an option to select it.

You don't mention which browser you're using. Some of the browsers actually have an 'Exit' option (Chrome=No; Dolphin=Yes; Firefox=Yes; stock=No; Opera Mobile=No; xScope=Yes) that will completely close the browser, which will give you an extra layer of assurance.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM7&9

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You don't mention which browser you're using. Some of the browsers actually have an 'Exit' option
    ... and, to continue that thought... most browsers' settings will allow you to specify certain cached items that you want to clear upon exit (I know at least Dolphin & Maxthon do at least)... for even more assurance.