Google Wallet...stock?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've spent some time searching for this, so I'm fairly sure the answer is "no," but has anyone found a way to get gWallet on a stock gs3? Just picked up a gs3 for my lady and she asked about it since I use it regularly on my LTE gnex. Although I'm a bit of a crackflasher(nexi ftw), it's still extremely easy to get on a stock gnex, so I assumed I'd just sideload it or edit a build prop etc. on her gs3. I can root her phone, easily, but I'd rather not (as it's her phone). She's just made the jump from a basic feature phone (somewhat kicking and screaming). So she's more than enamored (chosen carefully :p) with Touch Wiz, and would probably still grab her debit card out of habit anyway lol. Can't really think of any other reason for her to have a rooted phone. She doesn't even see "bloatware." :) Thanks for any info you may have.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Since Verizon has Isis coming up, it would be impossible as far as i know to do it on a bone stock rom. In a few months, she should be able to do it through Isis though

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
No Verizon blocked it so you have to flash an in tire from just to have it if she can live without it don't worry about it.

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Since Verizon has Isis coming up, it would be impossible as far as i know to do it on a bone stock rom. In a few months, she should be able to do it through Isis though

I'm familiar with the carrier's joint venture and their bullsh#t. Nobody I know will ever use ISIS if I have my way, dude ;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way upon initial reaction, but want to see the whole plan first. It isn't just a carrier money grab

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No Verizon blocked it so you have to flash an in tire from just to have it if she can live without it don't worry about it.

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

HA! Like I said, this is her first smartphone and she's not 8 or 80. She'll be fine without it. Figured it was worth a shot asking directly in the gs3 forum, if nothing else than to up my post count street-cred. Thanks for the replys.