1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Group texting suddenly stopped working

So a couple weeks back I got the Galaxy S3 (Replacing iPhone 4) and have loved the phone. At the time I had an ongoing group text with 3 friends (1 Blackberry, 2 iPhone) which has since become my Android and 3 iPhones. When I first got the phone I had a lot of problems with the standard SMS application and saw many people recommended the VZW Messenger as a workaround for the problems group texting between Android and iMessage.

This was all working find until earlier this week when I stopped receiving texts from the group text. I tried texting the 3 relevant friends to ask what was up, and they never responded. I saw one of them over the weekend and learned that they had still been texting, and in fact my outgoing texts were still showing up on their phones. I was not, however, receiving any texts. There have been at least 20-30 so far that I've missed.

I tried reinstalling texting applications, tried GoSMS and a couple other apps that I downloaded. At this point its not even that I'm not getting the group texts: I'm not getting any text messages from just these 3 people. There are other people I talk to routinely, also with the iPhone 5, but I have had no such problem with them.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

Default Re: Group texting suddenly stopped working

Not receiving texts even with the stock app is a serious issue I would take up with Verizon. That's a big problem that you shouldn't have to resolve on your own.