Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Foxfi question..

    I installed foxfi and the add on. Now when I enabled proxy it said to change the proxy server port settings on my computer. Do I need to do this if I'm just using my nexus 7 to connect to the hot spot?



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    Quote Originally Posted by socialillz View Post
    I installed foxfi and the add on. Now when I enabled proxy it said to change the proxy server port settings on my computer. Do I need to do this if I'm just using my nexus 7 to connect to the hot spot?

    When you install foxfi on your phone, just enable foxfi. Haven't needed to mess with proxy with foxfi. I connect my N7, my other tablets and laptop's without doing anything else. Would recommend installing a password in foxfi.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app, even without subscription, but you would need to activate it with a 3rd party widget
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app, even without subscription, but you would need to activate it with a 3rd party widget
    Really. What widget would do that? Any of them?
  5. #5  
    firetruck41's Avatar

    Posts
    214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    I have never installed the add on, I just use FoxFi as is. Never had a problem, I use it occasionally for streaming movies to my tablet, or tethering my tablet for web browsing.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    Quote Originally Posted by firetruck41 View Post
    I have never installed the add on, I just use FoxFi as is. Never had a problem, I use it occasionally for streaming movies to my tablet, or tethering my tablet for web browsing.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    +1
  7. #7  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    1,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Really. What widget would do that? Any of them?
    I use both foxfi & a widget. I use "Widgetsoid", but I am sure others work as well.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Foxfi question..

    I've never used an add on....just set up network name, password, then activate the hotspot....connect other devices just like connecting to wifi at home. works great. even had someone with an old school kindle ask if they could logon in a meeting. worked great for them too

Similar Threads

  1. Copy / paste question
    By FAndroid in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 12:02 AM
  2. One FoxFi question..
    By GHB in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 09:46 AM
  3. Foxfi app questions and answers
    By Umass021 in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 09:36 PM
  4. Contacts Question
    By EastBay in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions

B